X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best kendo school in the world ?

Greetings, Been a Kendoka of 5 years with a very long way to go and solid background in Iaido"yondan" and wondering where might be some of the best kendo school in the world ? also been practicing with a Kendo Dummy to continue to work on my skills, I know nothing can take the place of proper teaching by real sensei and other students but find it very helpful to continue on when not in a dojo. I also been practicing with a "live blade" Have heard that practicing with live blades develops very bad habits? Is this true?

ありがとうございます。

Originally posted by mvjs View Post
    Greetings, Been a Kendoka of 5 years with a very long way to go and solid background in Iaido"yondan" and wondering where might be some of the best kendo school in the world ? also been practicing with a Kendo Dummy to continue to work on my skills, I know nothing can take the place of proper teaching by real sensei and other students but find it very helpful to continue on when not in a dojo. I also been practicing with a "live blade" Have heard that practicing with live blades develops very bad habits? Is this true?

ありがとうございます。
    I can't tell if this is spam or a troll, but as it doesn't have any links or propose buying cheap Ipads, I guess it's real?

Anyway, the best kendo schools in the world are in Japan but the rest of the world has nice ones too. Since it looks like you are in the US, there's a lot of good Kendo in the Midwest, NY, CA, and the Pacific Northwest; and probably elsewhere. Where are you?

I have heard that practicing with live blades can develop the very bad habit of cutting yourself, but if you're a yondan in Iaido, I imagine you know how to avoid that already.

Comment

The best Kendo schools in the world are the ones that fit your individual needs. Some clubs are laege, some are small. Some have lots of high ranking people and others are licky to even have a shodan. And there are ones that focus on tournaments and ones don't. Everyone's different, and if you find one that suits what you desire with friendly members, then you found the best spot in the world.

Comment

I would not say that it is the best school in the world, but at least you can do there as much kendo as your body can endure... :

http://www.budo-u.ac.jp/

cheers

Comment

Working...
        X