X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• losing weight while maintaining power

Interesting study from Norway. Gist is that if you want to trim down to your racing weight while maintaining power and performance, you should shoot for losing no more than 0.7% of your body weight per week. For someone who's 160 pounds, that's 1.1 pounds/week. Caveat: Study subjects were elite athletes.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21558571

You know what is interesting? From last year I get up about 5 - 10 kilograms, I became weaker in my arms, abdominal and leg muscles, but my motor skills grown up (I'm faster for 2,5 seconds). Plus that my body weight is varies from 1 - 2 kilos per day! That's contradictory, isn't it? I would be very careful with that kind of studies ... I think that is everything very depends of your body type. Maybe is fast loosing of weight appropriate for some people ...

Roza

Comment

I find weight loss frightening, because I have always eaten whatever I wanted and stayed the same weight. The idea of eating less or trying to manipulate my metabolism seems unnatural to me. I talked to my doc about it and he said ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomoe Gozen View Post
        I think that is everything very depends of your body type. Maybe is fast loosing of weight appropriate for some people
        Of course. That's why I noted the caveat -- the study was done on elite athletes.

Comment

Working...
        X