X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strengthening an ankle?

Does anyone have any exercises they might recommend for strengthening an ankle?

Back in April, I sprained my right ankle pretty badly and took a couple months of kendo. Recently, however, my ankle/heel has been having some pain when I stretch it or put all my weight onto it. I'm not sure if maybe it didn't heal properly because that was my first sprain and I honestly had no idea what to do, but I'm hoping to strengthen my ankle.

If you have any ideas, please help. Thanks in advance!

Sure - go see a physiotherapist.

Comment

With the usual caveats to see a Dr. for medical advice, you can try getting a wobble board or bosu ball and doing balance exercises on them. You should talk to Yoshimi at class. She has some experience with this kind of issue.

Comment

Seriously go see a doctor. I had something similar happen and it sort of degenerated from me being afraid to walk on it and turned into this huge 5 year deal that's taken over a year to rebuild strength. Ugg. I wish I had just seen someone when I first thought "hey this didn't heal right"

Comment

Go get some physical therapy. But even then, depending on how bad of a sprain, the doctor may tell you (as mine did) that it might never be the same. You can try the balancing exercises and I certainly found they helped up to a point, but I had a pretty severe sprain and some days it just feels unsteady even four years later. So on those days I wear a brace.

Comment

Yes enough said, I think we should close this post.

Comment

Working...
            X