X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practicing more than one Budo???

I wonder if anyone here has practiced the Niten Ichi Ryu of Kendo, Kyudo, Iaido, or Naginata at one time. It would seem to be time consuming and costly.

You are lucky if you are able to master one art during a lifetime

Comment

I practiced kendo, iaido and naginata concurrently for about a year. I gave up naginata because I found the footwork conflicted too much with my kendo and iaido and I eventually switched iaido schools/styles to one that more complimented my kendo. Maybe I'll end up giving naginata another shot when I have some more time on my hands...

By the way, what does this have to do with bogu (i.e., why was this topic posted in the Bogu section of the forum)?
      Last edited by Ralutin; 9th May 2004, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Oh Sorry....

Comment

I practice iaijutsu, kendo, and naginata all at once. I find that aslong as you realize what you are doing it doesn't conflict with each other. I've also done TKD for 6 years, judo, and jujitsu

Comment

I agree, but. .. ...

Originally posted by forbidden
            You are lucky if you are able to master one art during a lifetime
            I agree, but how many life times would it take to master yourself I question!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Bleda
              I practice iaijutsu, kendo, and naginata all at once. I find that aslong as you realize what you are doing it doesn't conflict with each other. I've also done TKD for 6 years, judo, and jujitsu
              puhhhh.......how many times have you got training in one week?
              ......my mom is upset with me only training two times a week kendo
              ....but well you don't live at you'r mom's I suppose.......
              I train kendo(and wanna start iaido next week), and karate(not really...I mean i show up to training one time a month).

Comment

Does bojutsu count?

Comment

Originally posted by Zaphiel
                  puhhhh.......how many times have you got training in one week?
                  ......my mom is upset with me only training two times a week kendo
                  ....but well you don't live at you'r mom's I suppose.......
                  I train kendo(and wanna start iaido next week), and karate(not really...I mean i show up to training one time a month).
                  Your mom is upset that you only train twice a week!!!! Holy #*&$ you got a great kendo mom, my parents complain that i go too much some time (they dont like driving me around much) you should take advantage of that and get as much practice in as possible....just my 2 cents..

Comment

Iaido and Kendo

I started kendo and iaido since you can train both at our dojo. However the trainingtimes are in conflict so I can practice iaido only once a week (for one hour, not nearly enough).

The solution: get an iaido training manual and a video, set aside the table and ask your mom to keep her distance, practice at home. Use 1 our a week to train at the dojo and have your sensei sort out the problems you might encounter.

Mom happy, sensei happy and you happy.

Greetings,

Louis

P.S. Don't get to close to the tv set neither, they tempt to dislike large iron things that fly arround.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Bogu
                      I wonder if anyone here has practiced the Niten Ichi Ryu of Kendo, Kyudo, Iaido, or Naginata at one time. It would seem to be time consuming and costly.
                      Niten Ichiryu of Kendo?

Comment

Originally posted by Cheese_Man
                        ...you should take advantage of that and get as much practice in as possible....just my 2 cents..
                        .....don't be afraid .....I do!

Comment

Working...
                        X