X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by swordteacher99
    Kenjutsu is real sword work. No padding, no gloves, no bamboo sticks.
    Man, that must come as a surprise to Ono-ha Itto Ryu practicioners. You sure showed them. I guess they'll have to go to the Nihon Kobudo Shinkokai and tell them how Ono-ha Itto Ryu is not kenjutsu because of the onigote.

There is more to it, much more, but don't ask here, they are Kendoists, sport swordsman, which is not the same thing, not really a swordsman at all, but that is a matter of opinion, nothing more. Want to know about Kenjustsu, ask someone who practices it, Kendo and Kenjustsu of most any ryu are not the same thing. Good day.
    You seem to be under the assumption everyone here does kendo and only kendo. That's just plain wrong.

Since you come on here, reply to dozens of messages, set yourself up as someone who knows "true" kenjutsu, how about you tell us more about yourself and your experience? You said you practice Niten Ichi Ryu, how about telling us more? Who taught you, how is he related to the Ryu? I'm sure since you're a true swordsman practicing true kenjutsu that you know why these questions are relevant.

Comment

• Originally posted by KarateMD
      I am genuine in my desire to learn. Please tell me more. Do you teach iaijitsu?

KMD
      Hi KMD-san,

Don't bother asking swordteacher99 anything. He's a fake.(And banned!) When I get back home next week, I will give you a couple Iaido dojos that are legit, if you want them.

Kaoru

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaoru
        Hi KMD-san,

Don't bother asking swordteacher99 anything. He's a fake.(And banned!) When I get back home next week, I will give you a couple Iaido dojos that are legit, if you want them.

Kaoru

Hi all, new here, been reading along, seems like a lot of contention here, can't everyone just get along. Don't know if it is good to insult someone who you don't know, seems to just create more contention. Why be so insulting and such to each other, doesn't seem to do much, good, and calling people fakes, that's impossible to know, isn't it? I think I will definantly not post much here, you guys seem to attack anyone who disagrees with you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Senvarious
          Hi all, new here, been reading along, seems like a lot of contention here, can't everyone just get along. Don't know if it is good to insult someone who you don't know, seems to just create more contention. Why be so insulting and such to each other, doesn't seem to do much, good, and calling people fakes, that's impossible to know, isn't it? I think I will definantly not post much here, you guys seem to attack anyone who disagrees with you.
          This one is a nut, a liar, and a criminal.

Comment

• Whats your problem?

Originally posted by Paikea
            This one is a nut, a liar, and a criminal.

Excuse me, did you just call me a nut, I just joined? How am I a nut?

Comment

Excuse me, did you just call me a nut, I just joined? How am I a nut?
              No, I'm sorry. I called 2swordstyle, swordteacher99, etc. a nut, liar and criminal.

Comment

On the martial arts side of it, we dont attack people who are serious about what theyre saying even if we dont agree. Your dealing with a forum were many members are experts, or at the least knowledgeable , in there potential martial art. If you come on this forum touting your own knowledge and superiority with unsubstantiated claims, be prepared to be shot down in flames.

Now on other fronts.....well I think paikea and I can vouch for how the lounge and flames arguments go

**edit** wrong button man?

Comment

• Originally posted by drizzt
                  On the martial arts side of it, we dont attack people who are serious about what theyre saying even if we dont agree. Your dealing with a forum were many members are experts, or at the least knowledgeable , in there potential martial art. If you come on this forum touting your own knowledge and superiority with unsubstantiated claims, be prepared to be shot down in flames.

Now on other fronts.....well I think paikea and I can vouch for how the lounge and flames arguments go

**edit** wrong button man?
                  Hmm, well I was just reading along, and I did not see any pasted certificates from anyone on here, can anyone on here supply real credentials, if so, email them to me, then I will know your real and talk to you. Can't just type them, cause can't take your word for it. I gotta admit, I would be offended to. Followed the threads and all, seems he was provoked more then anything else. I am not saying this person was right, but how can you really know. Like I said, seems an awful lot of testosterone anger going on here. I suppose I should be careful what I say. Honestly, the ones one here who attacked this fellow, or gal, posted as much in response to him/her, and were in many cases meaner. All seems hypocritical if you ask me. I won't be posting here much, too much conflict.

Comment

Hmm, well I was just reading along, and I did not see any pasted certificates from anyone on here, can anyone on here supply real credentials, if so, email them to me, then I will know your real and talk to you. Can't just type them, cause can't take your word for it. I gotta admit, I would be offended to. Followed the threads and all, seems he was provoked more then anything else. I am not saying this person was right, but how can you really know.
                    Like many believable people here, I put my name and dojo on every post. Easily verified, completely honest.

Comment

• Oddly enough, kendo people don't tend to lie about their credentials. Mostly the delusional kids and/or fraudulent "sensei" claim some sort of kenjutsu.

If you're that concerned, people's credentials are easily checked by writing the local kendo federation. But it's also a relatively small community and many of us have met in person - I know dozens of members here have met me over the years. If you read a little further, you'll see lots of references to people meeting in their local dojo or at taikai and seminars.

The person we're discussing showed up out of the blue and very rudely posted 80-odd times in a day, almost all in a confrontational manner. We've since found out he was banned under at least one other username, and may be involved in fraudulent activity on ebay. So good riddance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neil Gendzwill
                        Oddly enough, kendo people don't tend to lie about their credentials. Mostly the delusional kids and/or fraudulent "sensei" claim some sort of kenjutsu.

If you're that concerned, people's credentials are easily checked by writing the local kendo federation. But it's also a relatively small community and many of us have met in person - I know dozens of members here have met me over the years. If you read a little further, you'll see lots of references to people meeting in their local dojo or at taikai and seminars.

The person we're discussing showed up out of the blue and very rudely posted 80-odd times in a day, almost all in a confrontational manner. We've since found out he was banned under at least one other username, and may be involved in fraudulent activity on ebay. So good riddance.

Isn't that kind of off. I mean, saying that kendo people tend not to lie about their credentials and kenjutsu people do? I don't think that makes a whole lot of sense? 80 posts, thats a lot I guess, unless you have a lot to say. I don't know, I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt is all. Did not know posting a lot or being confrontational made someone a fraud.
                        I checked that stuff out on sword forum, turns out this fellow, whoever he is, sued and won a judgement against Adrian Ko for defamation of Character and Liable. My sparring partner goes there all the time, said there was some fued between Ko and this guy, and this was Ko's way of getting back at him. Seeing as the short thread I read had no evidence, just accusations and Ko asking people to come forward, don't know how credible that is. Don't know anything about ebay, but I am taking it all with a grain of salt now. Found out some guy in Arkansas sued sword forum to for making false allegations about the re-enactment stuff he made and sold, and won. I don't know about this Ko person, someone is going to end up owning his sight, no wonder he has expanded and is selling so much stuff there. How I hear it Ko used to just have a forum, now's he's commericalzed it to pay for all his legal bill's. When I'm not having fun with martial arts I do research for a large investment firm, so this stuff was easy to find.

Comment

Isn't that kind of off. I mean, saying that kendo people tend not to lie about their credentials and kenjutsu people do? I don't think that makes a whole lot of sense? 80 posts, thats a lot I guess, unless you have a lot to say. I don't know, I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt is all. Did not know posting a lot or being confrontational made someone a fraud.
                          I checked that stuff out on sword forum, turns out this fellow, whoever he is, sued and won a judgement against Adrian Ko for defamation of Character and Liable. My sparring partner goes there all the time, said there was some fued between Ko and this guy, and this was Ko's way of getting back at him. Seeing as the short thread I read had no evidence, just accusations and Ko asking people to come forward, don't know how credible that is. Don't know anything about ebay, but I am taking it all with a grain of salt now. Found out some guy in Arkansas sued sword forum to for making false allegations about the re-enactment stuff he made and sold, and won. I don't know about this Ko person, someone is going to end up owning his sight, no wonder he has expanded and is selling so much stuff there. How I hear it Ko used to just have a forum, now's he's commericalzed it to pay for all his legal bill's. When I'm not having fun with martial arts I do research for a large investment firm, so this stuff was easy to find.
                          Yeah, thought as much... Justin, go home.

Comment

• Edited to say - sorry, all, caught by the troll again. Hadn't noticed he'd just registered today. Clearly a guy who needs to up his meds.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Neil Gendzwill]Edited to say - sorry, all, caught by the troll again. Hadn't noticed he'd just registered today. Clearly a guy who needs to up his meds.[/QUO

I'm not a troll, and I'm a girl, your hammering me cause I just joined. I did a little research, as you did, I just did it better. A right paranoid group you have here if you ask me.

Comment

• Hiya Justin,

Go and reply to my post with questions for you...

Comment

Working...
                                X