X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when exactly?

yo. when i hit do, i usually hit it when the person is setting up for something else (when his shinai is up). well, i would like to know if there are any other times to hit do, cause i can't find any open spots for do!

thanks

make an opening.. harai, suriage, whatever, you dont HAVE to wait for it,

kaeshi or nuki do is also good, when they attack men, block and hit do, or step to the right hitting do, effectively dodging it..

Comment

one of my problems too. sensei tells me that i always hit the kote and especially men but seldom do. it's quite hard for me to hit the do cause i'm also afraid that i'm gonna hit his/her arm and they might retalliate for it.

Comment

i personally would rather be hit in the thigh or armpit or arm rather than be hit on the kote..

i prefer a sharp pain against the bone fracturing dull excruciating kote sort of pain..

Comment

Hiki Do.... fan - hiki - tastic!

Comment

Originally posted by shinjinho
            yo. when i hit do, i usually hit it when the person is setting up for something else (when his shinai is up). well, i would like to know if there are any other times to hit do, cause i can't find any open spots for do!

thanks
            You want to hit do when you have an opportunity. So, it is correct for you not to attempt do when there is no opening.
            The hiki do suggestion is a possibility. When you and your opponent have closed maai and both your arms are up, you can attempt hiki do. Talk to your sensei about this if you don't know.

Comment

but it's hard, especially when your opponent is bigger than you, to make his arms go up when your in position where your kote are face to face to each other.

Comment

Working...
              X