X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INJURIES

looking at all the smiles and happiness of kendoka after training, i reckon im the only kendoka that has the worst injuries around. To make things worse from my near slip disc at my lover spine, my knee is already giving way...Am i in anyway setting a new record for being the most body abusive kendoka.

anyone who has any injuries that is worse ..please share...might make me feel so much better...#$%^&*()%$*..probably had to giv up kendo for life...*%(*&&^%&^%&(

i know someone, but i cant just post it publicly.. i tried to PM (private message) you, but it says i dont have permission to acces the page..?

Comment

why give up? i'm only 16 now and i suffer tendonitis on both of my knees, though my left knee is worse. i suffered from tendonitis since i was 14 or 13, don't know which one it is. i'm thinking that i'm suffering from this because of genes my dad has one and my grandma has one, know my brother is complaining about it too, the other reason i might be suffering from this is too much basketball and biking.

so don't feel so bad about it. older people think they have all the injuries in the world but they don't look at younger people who also suffer from something or even the same thing as yours, and yet they still don't give up.

~taganahan

Comment

Sorry to hear you suffering. I can't really say this is an injury but after kendo training, I often wake up with very stiff fingers in the morning. My right hand is perfect but it only happens to my left hand. Especially, those three fingers that you use to hold shinai so I wake up with left hands looks like still holding shinai and can't open them easily. Funny thing is, those fingers feel as good as new and very smooth while I play Kendo and even for a few hours after I fininsh training. Thankfully, at least, I think my grip is right. It is my index finger and thumb open and others closed in the morning. If I was using my index finger holing my shinai, I could wake up with my middle finger sticking out.....

Comment

tendonitis? is it just under the knee cap? if so, i have it too,, too much ski-ing..

Comment

i think so, but i know it's somewhere in my knee. maybe somewhere around the joints. tendonitis is also called the "runner's knee" for those who doens't know what it is. this kind of injury really hurts, you can't do sonkyo with it and also limits your capacity to do extra stuff. but a well seasoned kenshin may not have any problems with this. my doctor told me that strengthening the knee also helps.

Comment

oh.. i dont have it then, mine's jumpers knee.. lol.. where do these people get the names..

Comment

"tendonitis is also called the "runner's knee" for those who doens't know what it is. this kind of injury really hurts, you can't do sonkyo with it and also limits your capacity to do extra stuff."

Now, try doing Kendo after you have torn your acl, mcl and meniscus. And, when you are 50+ you never heal quite the way you would like. Nevertheless, as I have asserted before - there is a place in Kendo for everyone including those people with limitations. Last night I had to do 800, (one handed suburi, since I do nito) for 1st Geup (kyu). I can't swear they were all perfect, but when the 16 year old standing next to me hit the 800th, I was still banging them out as best I could. So, I insist, Kendo can bend enough to make a place for everyone.

Comment

wat is the acl mcl and meniscus?

Comment

Originally posted by mystic_kendoka
                    wat is the acl mcl and meniscus?
                    The knee joint is cushioned by articular cartilage that covers the ends of the tibia and femur, as well as the underside of the patella. The lateral meniscus and medial meniscus are pads of cartilage that further cushion the joint, acting as shock absorbers between the bones.

Ligaments help to stabilize the knee. The collateral ligaments run along the sides of the knee and limit sideways motion. The anterior cruciate ligament, or ACL, connects the tibia to the femur at the center of the knee. Its function is to limit rotation and forward motion of the tibia.

Comment

these got torn?? ouch..

Comment

As to the knee condition try glucosamine.

Comment

also try something called "MSM" do a search on the net, I have a torn meniscus with possible floating cartillage, my orthopedist will do orthoscopy and remove/repair it in september, there is a 6 mo wait on a MRI so I will just go with the surgery, I try to motodachi the newbies but in the summer months its almost all bogu people.

bob

Comment

crapy shoulder - dislocated twice. Now it is relatively easy to have it dislocated again. I don't think I will be able to do the same Kendo again, I will need to keep this in mind all the time.

Anyone else with similar problem? What do you do?

Comment

isn't that simillar to arthritis?

Comment

Working...
                              X