X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Footwork question.

We did a lot of footwork practice in today's meeting and I keep getting a lot of blisters and pressure in my right foot's big toe and underneath my left foot's big toe and was wondering if It's because I'm putting a lot of pressure on my left big toes, or is it because I'm keeping my right foot too flat when I do my footwork. Do I have to raise my toes and do most of the moving with the flat of my foot rather than the entire foot at once?

When I was beginning I used to get this a lot and when I asked one of my dojo-mate's father (who used to do Kendo and is a doctor) he said that it was a pretty natural thing to have blisters (even now after 2 years a large chunk odf skin decided to rip from my feet putting my out of kendo for a week) but if you tend to get them below the big toes (i'm guessing in the joint) you are not keeping your feet straight and put too much pressure there.

Comment

Originally posted by Lloromannic
      Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
      (oO)
      /||\

Hi, another Lovecraft fan?

regards

meow

Comment

when you do footwork make sure that your left foot pushes to generate the power to move forward. keep your right foot pretty light. think about it like this: if you put yourself in kamae but your left foot is flat, you will lean back. You haveta lift it up to balance yourself out. Blisters happen all the time, get used to them unless they are severe Someone in my dojo ripped the bottem of his toes..it was quite a sight

Comment

Originally posted by meow

regards

meow
          There are quite a few of us out there, I have considered using Hasture as my Kia.

Comment

Yup it is very typical to get blisters, I still lose skin on my left foot, it isn't a pretty sight, but I find the pain of a blistered foot is nowhere near at least in the beginning that burning that you get in the achilles tendon on your left heal....now that's intense.

Comment

regards

meow
              Yes another Lovecraft fan (although one too poor to buy all the books), my fave Mythos story is "Hounds of Tindalos" by Frank Belnapp

Comment

Working...
              X