Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• school in nc

do any of you know of a teacher in NC?

i have looked around and have trouble finding one.
    i have been taking kung fu origonating from the fukien temple and have been wanting to experament with combiningthe demon and tiger systems with kendo

Do you mean North Carolina? Also, describe demon style, I have never heard of it in reference to kung fu.

Richmond-san

Comment

we refer to it as Lo- Han which were 18 demons that guarded heaven and hell
      it uses a lot of side-hands and full 90 degree stances it used soft blocks but they are done hard so that the strikes are thrown rather than redirected, it also favors arm breaks. basically it is done as hard and fast as posible so it goes at about 15 seconds if done right and it is 13 postures long

Comment

and yes north carolina is were i live

Comment

I don't mean to sound negative or offensive or anything, but how are you do you plan on incorporating Kung-fu with Kendo? I mean indeed it sounds interesting, but when you find a Kendo dojo, I seriously doubt that "Ken-fu" is anything they with be willing to try.

Do you know any more about the story behind the "demon stance" in your kung-fu style? It sounds very intersting.

Here is some info on a club in NC.

Charlotte Kendo Club
          Sunday, 9:00 am to 12:00.
          Carolina Gymnastics and Martial Arts Center
          14017 East Independence Blvd
          Matthews NC

Friday 7:00pm to 10:00
          Budokan Charlotte
          6311 Carmel Road
          CHarlotte NC

Ken Strawn
          kenstrawn@earthlink.net
          or
          Michael Quinn
          mquinn@quinnconsulting.com

http://www.charlottekendo.com/

Comment

Or if you're in the RTP area check out Triangle Kendo Iaido.

There are practices at UNC-CH, NCSU (YMCA on Hillsborough St.), and Duke.

The website is www.trianglekendoiaido.org

Comment

Yah, I found the same thing as Pan-Chan as far as the Dojo is concerned. Check under the Dojo subject link on the forum, you'll find what your looking for. Let me know how the integration of styles works out (it will be something you'll have to do at home). Good luck.

Richmond-san

Comment

im about an hour from raligh so charlote is out
                as for the mixing of styles as for real practic i like to stick to the purest form
                the reason i want to incorperate lo-han is ist superior evasion the idea behind the style is you are fighting something that isnt human, almost like a spirit one minute it is there and you strile it but when your blow falls the lo-han had struck your sword far to the right through 'agressive soft blocks' and stepd forward at a 45 lets say. the lohan is then on the inside of the blade the only problem is that once here there is not suficient time to get a powerful attack in (meaning there is not room for a good swing) so the lohan must go for the throat.in adition to doing shaolin i did an obscure style of karate and i enjoyed using the drunken, lohan or demon, and tiger systems. in my eyes martial arts ate universal, any technique can be transfered to another style.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Chan
                  I don't mean to sound negative or offensive or anything, but how are you do you plan on incorporating Kung-fu with Kendo? I mean indeed it sounds interesting, but when you find a Kendo dojo, I seriously doubt that "Ken-fu" is anything they with be willing to try.

Do you know any more about the story behind the "demon stance" in your kung-fu style? It sounds very intersting.

Here is some info on a club in NC.

Charlotte Kendo Club
                  Sunday, 9:00 am to 12:00.
                  Carolina Gymnastics and Martial Arts Center
                  14017 East Independence Blvd
                  Matthews NC

Friday 7:00pm to 10:00
                  Budokan Charlotte
                  6311 Carmel Road
                  CHarlotte NC

Ken Strawn
                  kenstrawn@earthlink.net
                  or
                  Michael Quinn
                  mquinn@quinnconsulting.com

http://www.charlottekendo.com/
                  thank you for your politeness, i respect that.

Comment

Originally posted by Zehm bah deh
                    im about an hour from raligh so charlote is out
                    as for the mixing of styles as for real practic i like to stick to the purest form
                    the reason i want to incorperate lo-han is ist superior evasion the idea behind the style is you are fighting something that isnt human, almost like a spirit one minute it is there and you strile it but when your blow falls the lo-han had struck your sword far to the right through 'agressive soft blocks' and stepd forward at a 45 lets say. the lohan is then on the inside of the blade the only problem is that once here there is not suficient time to get a powerful attack in (meaning there is not room for a good swing) so the lohan must go for the throat.in adition to doing shaolin i did an obscure style of karate and i enjoyed using the drunken, lohan or demon, and tiger systems. in my eyes martial arts ate universal, any technique can be transfered to another style.
                    all that to say i find the mixing of styles interesting at most i doubt i would really use it.

Comment

i i'm usually not like this, i'm a nice kinda guy but i can only stand so much shaolin-do crap, this is a kendo forum keep your fake martial arts training and its fake lineages and its fake instructors and "the killing arts"and all your horses**t to yourself.
                      if i were you i would practice being honest with myself and go and look for some common sense.

demon style kung fu!!

i think i'm gonna be sick

Comment

Fighting Hamster Style rocks

Are you sure he is not talking about the One Wind Demon Style of Ninjutsu - taught by Grand Master Ron D. White?

http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16563

Seriously, take the advice listed above and visit the Charlotte Kendo Club or the other AUSKF affiliated dojos (and I would suggest keeping the Jet Li unchi to yourself).

Comment

ah, in truth i am only here to talk nothing more

and the lohan are 18 demons in chinese folklore, anyone of china will tell you that. and as for killing arts most under master sin would rebuke me for calling them such. and as for master sin's "horseshit" were is your proof? innocent till proven guilty and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinF
                            Are you sure he is not talking about the One Wind Demon Style of Ninjutsu - taught by Grand Master Ron D. White?

http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16563

Seriously, take the advice listed above and visit the Charlotte Kendo Club or the other AUSKF affiliated dojos (and I would suggest keeping the Jet Li unchi to yourself).
                            not charlote, raligh, i found a school

Comment

Originally posted by Zehm bah deh
                              ah, in truth i am only here to talk nothing more

and the lohan are 18 demons in chinese folklore, anyone of china will tell you that. and as for killing arts most under master sin would rebuke me for calling them such. and as for master sin's "horseshit" were is your proof? innocent till proven guilty and all that.
                              edit also i am looked down on among shaolin do fighters for being an idiot so don't compare them to me

Comment

Working...
                              X