Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just had my first bogu-training!

Heya, I just couldn't let this pass without telling all of you :P
    Just had my first training in bogu! It was heavy, it was hot, and I felt like dying at times, but I did manage to land a few hits on my jigeiko-partner I even hit a hiki-men. Not good enough for actual scoring, but who cares, it was my first jigeiko :P

What level was your partner?
    How long was the session?
    How long have you been practicing before this event?
    I am still doing footwork, sans Bogu..

Comment

No idea, he's been training for about a year I think, but I have no idea if he actually has a grade, and if yes, what.
      Just 2-3 minutes
      About 4-5 months.

Can't wait 'till my next training

Comment

Originally posted by Wormaap
        ...It was heavy, it was hot, and I felt like dying at times...
        Welcome to the fun part of kendo!!!

Alex

Comment

Haha
          Well, I wore my sensei's men, since another guy didn't quite fit in the men he borrowed and used the one in my set, but it was really stiff and a bit too tight, so it hurt like hell (as in: awfully painful, but I hardly noticed it during jigeiko ) so that was the worst part.
          But I bought the entire set off my sensei after the training (for the awesome amount of 50 buckaroos :P ) and the men I got with it is less stiff, so it feels way better

Comment

Heh,

Good for you

I am still waiting and waiting for the bogu training ;-) As far as I know, will have to wait till Sept :-(

cheers,

Comment

congrats, sounds like you had a lot of fun...that's one stage a beginner always looks forward too...

Comment

Good for you, keep on training and try not to projectile vomit when you are wearing Sensei's men.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatz
                  Good for you, keep on training and try not to projectile vomit when you are wearing Sensei's men.
                  hahahah and yell MEN..when you feel that vomit coming..LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_McGrady
                    Welcome to the fun part of kendo!!!

Alex
                    What? Kata-geiko and Kihon-geiko is just as fun. Keiko in Bogu isn't the only enjoyable part of Kendo.

Comment

I know what you mean about putting the bogu on for the first time, you just don't realise the weight of the men until you wear it and getting hit the first time on the men is just freaking scary (especially as the guy who hit me hit too hard - i lost a bit of balance).
                      I started practicing kendo from the end of September last year and have only been allowed to wear the full bogu since 2 weeks ago. Before that we just wore the doh for a while. The annoying thing is that the bogu we have are quite well used and so are quite worn out and barely any of them fit properly but its kinda fun to pick and mix, hehe.

Comment

Well, the first men-hits weren't that bad, since I had my very first some time ago already (just putting on another guy's bogu for a few minutes for shits'n giggles :P )
                        The kote-hits are somewhat painful though, but I have bondages to wear under them, just didn't bring them along to training 'cause I didn't think I'd need them (didn't expect to be slapped into bogu :P )

Comment

Originally posted by Wormaap
                          Well, the first men-hits weren't that bad, since I had my very first some time ago already (just putting on another guy's bogu for a few minutes for shits'n giggles :P )
                          The kote-hits are somewhat painful though, but I have bondages to wear under them, just didn't bring them along to training 'cause I didn't think I'd need them (didn't expect to be slapped into bogu :P )
                          Sorry, just pictured a mix of bondage and Kendo...somehow it fits together lol.

Comment

Working...
                          X