X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie question..........?

Hello everyone I just recently decided to join my local kendo clubJ so im gona start at the end of my collage year. But I was just wondering what the kata you learn is like? I dont have time to check out the club because of collage deadlines so is there any vids online or could u describe what there like. I just cant visualise them after seeing the sparing videos!?

This clip is really small but you can get the gist of it. That's the first kata, there are 10 altogether.

Comment

thanks, ill have a look!

Comment

http://users.skynet.be/Cahal/Kendo/K.../Katamenu.html

this site is better, the ipponme until the nanahonme are the basic katas, they are good quality and full colour, but in korean,

the kodachi iponme ~ kodachi sanbonme are kodachi kata (short dagger/sword)

Comment

Yeah, I know about those ones but I don't care for them. I guess they'll give you an idea of what the kata look like but execution-wise they're not very good.

Comment

yea, too fast, no sonkyo, less reigi, but its clearer than the other one,

Comment

Yeah...

NANI?!?! mystic_kendoka, you dare speak so condescending to a higher ranking kendoka? Reigi arimasu-ka?

Comment

who are you talking about? the ppl in the video? they would be kumdoja not kendoka,

Comment

Working...
                X