Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Form - Bon Khup Kum Bop Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Form - Bon Khup Kum Bop

    Does anyone know of a site with pictures of how to do the whole Bon Khup Kum Bop (Kumdo form)? A video would work also. Thanks.

  • #2
    Here it is

    http://www.yorku.ca/kendo/KendoForms.htm

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Old Warrior
      ohh~ I've seen this site before but I forgot the link. Thanks! =)

      Comment


      • #4
        Interesting music!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Andoru
          Interesting music!
          Yeah...only looked at the 1st one. Looks like the Kendo Kata without doing sonkyo. They appeared to have kept the same kiai though. Can't be sure with the musical background.

          That said, I honestly can't say the ZNKF video musics are that much better...*sigh*...at least there isn't the music DURING the kata.

          FWIW.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DCPan
            Yeah...only looked at the 1st one. Looks like the Kendo Kata without doing sonkyo. They appeared to have kept the same kiai though. Can't be sure with the musical background.
            what you looked at was the kendo kata
            and it is referred to as kendo kata by the koreans

            what the original poster was referring to would be the last video
            and it certainly is quite different from kendo kata

            Comment


            • #7
              Personally I found the music kind of..intrusive.

              As for kumdo, the integration of swirl-parries into their forms looks interesting.

              Yeah, I agree with DC Pan - ZNKF has better music ;p

              Comment


              • #8
                i saw a senior @ my dojang doing that...he almost hit me in the head...w/o men on...the twirls are kinda intimidating...

                Comment


                • #9
                  i think kumdo forms are more interesting than kendo kata...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by DanDan
                    i think kumdo forms are more interesting than kendo kata...
                    Yeah they're pretty fun, but there's SO many of them. We learn Kendo kata and Iaido forms too.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I only know of one form: goon-deh-gi mohn-deeng attack

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Hai_hai
                        I only know of one form: goon-deh-gi mohn-deeng attack
                        what's that? sumthing about hitting someone's rear-end?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Old Warrior
                          In the kumdo forms they appear to have the saya on a cord over their shoulder rather that stuck through an obi/sash. Is that common in kumdo forms?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Stimpson J. Cat
                            In the kumdo forms they appear to have the saya on a cord over their shoulder rather that stuck through an obi/sash. Is that common in kumdo forms?
                            that's how the Korean swords are, but we don't use those at our dojang. we just use Iaito.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              i take kum bup........lol not that it matters

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X