Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kihon Kote Strike

Hello fellow kendoka's

I have been doing kendo now for a couple of months and I was just having a discussion with a friend who trains at a different club and our discussion was about Kihon Kote strikes.

Is the correct method bring your shinai over your shoulder or over your head when u do the strike?

I believe its your shoulder!!

Cheers

Originally posted by Soul Blade
    Hello fellow kendoka's

I have been doing kendo now for a couple of months and I was just having a discussion with a friend who trains at a different club and our discussion was about Kihon Kote strikes.

Is the correct method bring your shinai over your shoulder or over your head when u do the strike?

I believe its your shoulder!!

Cheers
    You are wrong , the cut should be in the center. There is a technqe called katsugi, where you move your shinai over your left shoulder, but this is not kihon.

Comment

thanks for Clarifying that..

Comment

Yes, I'd agree with Mr. Tvola.

Comment

and something to add to Mr. Travolta's clarification--when you're doing a quick kote, your swing should be in the center but also NOT over your head, because by then it will be too late. but while doing drills and practicing pure kihon, it's good to practice kote by swinging in the center over your head.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tvola
            You are wrong , the cut should be in the center. There is a technqe called katsugi, where you move your shinai over your left shoulder, but this is not kihon.
            It is the basics (kihon) for katsugi but that waza is only for people over 50 who are toooooo slow to just go hit it. US Old folks have to pull the young-uns off center and while they are watching, you can blast their kote but usually their men cause its wide open.

Comment

Working...
            X