Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kendo/Kenjutsu strikes/blocks/ cries

hello
    im not a kendo practiotioner...i prefer my ninjitsu.....anyway,

i am currently studying kenjutsu at home, but its techniques can be hard to come by......since kendo derives from kenjutsu...i was wondering

1) you can describe briefly strikes in kendo
    2) blocks to these strikes/ counters
    3) the names in japanese of the body parts hit (those yells in kendo)
    4) some katas
    5) basically, the stuff u start with and anything u know in strikes and blocks

alternatively, if u know a site that will give this information, post it here

i really wanna learn, but cant find anything....plz describe some strikes and stuff above to me!!

thank you

You can find a dojo here.

Comment

no

i study NINJITSU!!
      i dont have time for 2 arts at same time

if u are not going to help by supplying info. plz do not post

i want to know some basic strikes, blocks, kata, and the yells of the body parts to start out with..

btw, i know this is a kendo forum, but kenjutsu is the ancestor of kendo....so.....in some ways they are alike

so plz help me by supplying this info.!

Comment

We're not going to tell you. If you want to learn, find a dojo. You can't learn martial arts over the internet.

Comment

please, tell me everything you know about ninjitsu, i really want to know!!!

Comment

thx........u know what some ppl dont have as much time as your buddy

i dont wanna learn advanced stuff.....

just some basic stuff to start with

and i wont hurt myself

dont have a real sword or anything

Comment

please teach me ninjitsu! i promise, if i get hurt jumping from a tree, i wont sue.

Comment

That was just priceless!

Originally posted by T.Lee
                please teach me ninjitsu! i promise, if i get hurt jumping from a tree, i wont sue.
                Ahahahaha!!! Oh MY, that was so FUNNY!

Kaoru

Comment

Originally posted by Tadaktsu
                  i study NINJITSU!!

i want to know some basic strikes, blocks, kata, and the yells of the body parts to start out with..

btw, i know this is a kendo forum, but kenjutsu is the ancestor of kendo....so.....in some ways they are alike

If you dont have time to study 2 arts at the same time, why do you want to learn about kendo?

Like any other art, kendo is nothing you can learn in a few weeks, also it can not be described with a few sentences. I know not much about kenjutsu, but I guess the same applies to kenjutsu.

How do you learn KENJUTSU@HOME? Was it a mailorder offer or did they sell it on TV? Sorry, just kidding...no offence ;-)

To practice kendo, you need a partner. Even for kendo-kata you need a partner. I think in kenjutsu a partner might also be important for practice.

And the most important part: You need a sensei or a teacher! No sensei/teacher = no kendo/kenjutsu/whatever...! Even if you have a book, you will NOT be able, to get the techniques right. If you already practice an art, you should know this.

By the way: I think your reply to Neil was a bit unfriendly. Maybe you want to take a look at older threads in this forum and get an idea who you are talking to. Everyone here is giving advice in his spare time for free. And there are some very experienced kendoka and even sensei posting here. Be grateful, if you get advice from them.

regards

meow

Comment

thx........u know what some ppl dont have as much time as your buddy
                    Surely you don't mean to refer to Neil Gendzwill-sensei as "your buddy" - do you?

Nice start.

Comment

i study NINJITSU!!

By the way, Neil is a respected Kendo sensei. You be respectful. Furthermore, I doubt you even REALLY study Ninjutsu. If you DID, you would not act so arrogant. No sensei would tolerate your rude behavior. Demanding something is considered rude and vulgar behavior.

None of us will tell you a single thing. Obviously, you have no time to properly learn in a dojo where you will be supervisd by a qualified sensei, so you don't get hurt, so obviously, we feel no obligation to you to help you in any way.
                      Got that? You can't learn anything, even the basics, over the internet. There is MUCH more involved than you think in just what appears to be a simple cut. Nevermind the rest. You have NO idea. And you won't ever find out unless you get your brain in gear and get into a dojo. It's not a game.

So, don't give us this, "I really wanna learn!" stuff. It is obvious you don't "really wanna learn" because you refused the link Neil gave you. If you really wanted to, you'd have been ever so polite and asked for help finding a dojo.

As it is, you owe Neil an apology and a thank you for the link. Not that that will ever happen.

Kaoru

Comment

ninja's

Real ninja's join the Rangers or the Seals. Pretend ninja's lurk about the internet. You should committ seppuku with a frizzbee.

Comment

first of all, i didnt know that he is a sensei

2nd of all, i am 16....i only go on mondays and thursday with your idiotic comment about ninjas lurking on internet

3rdly, u can practice at home, u dont have to take a class for everything

and dont respond if thats your comment

dont want to help
                          then go away

thank you

and btw, kaoru u stupid bitch.....stfu
                          i cant practice ninjitsu cause it is too dangerous
                          god, u ppl should know that
                          kendo is a sport.....you ppl couldnt handle yourself without a weapon
                          "only a fool trusts his life to a weapon"

t lee u wanna learn.....ill start with the "skin-ripping" technique...in laymans terms
                          Last edited by Tadaktsu; 28th October 2004, 08:45 AM.

Comment

and btw, kaoru u stupid bitch.....stfu
                            i cant practice ninjitsu cause it is too dangerous
                            god, u ppl should know that
                            kendo is a sport.....you ppl couldnt handle yourself without a weapon
                            "only a fool trusts his life to a weapon"

t lee u wanna learn.....ill start with the "skin-ripping" technique...in laymans terms
                            lol, sometimes its funny to see the admins and moderators on this forum are almost... non existant?

this kid has insulted like 99% of anyone replying the post for no real reason at all.

tew-ryu ninja troll...

Comment

stfu
                              u kendo kids are way too cocky
                              why dont u put your dumbass shinai down and fight?
                              what? what? what's that? u can't? aww, need your sticky-poo? oh well too bad!

thats the only way u could win, with a dumb piece of bamboo in your hand
                              pathetic

lol
                              now, that is funny!!!!

the girl is dumb! hahaha
                              who studies 2 arts at the same time?!
                              did u not read that i can't/not allowed to do 2 arts at the same time?!
                              dumbass
                              and i dont kiss senseis' asses that i dont even know
                              that might be customary for you people....but i dont talk to unfamiliar adults and suck up to them
                              Last edited by Tadaktsu; 28th October 2004, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X