X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If u r a real chudan fan

If u r really a chudan fan, (u should not be though to confine urself with 1 stance, but concerning kyu kendokas who are better following chudan than deviating to jodan or gedan at their current stage for the sake of better chance of improvement), there is still a few things u can do to counterattack nito kenshi.

This discussion can go on for ever.

What I don't like is the attitide of sitting there saying, "Oh, here comes that Nitoka again, I am chudan, I am dead. "

No.

1. A few things to mind complementary to a few things a mentioned earlier, which I may humbly draw your kind attention upon, if u as a chudan kendoka have not seen such information earlier:

Nitokas (brief for nito-kendokas, mean no offense) usually will start in shiai by blocking or pushing your ken-sen out of the centre, with his shorter shnai in front.

Then, ur tsuki is no threat no more.

Then, after that, it is almost always followed by men with his longer shinai.

Usually it will not be kote, because from the distance he can push or block your ken-sen in chudan, he has already come too close for kote.

Concerning this strategy of such what do u do?

Notice that, ur problem come from the fact that u cannot keep ur ken-sen in center. And any horizontal movement which aimed to keep ken-sen center will be exploited by nitoka, because that intension, that movement grant him with chance to hit u men.

One of the ways to conter-attack this, is to lift up ur ken-sen either right before ur shinai get entangled with his shorter shinai (from tomaai) or lift up ur ken-sen exactly at(before) the moment he tries to make contact with your ken-sen.

Timing is the key, do not wait until he pushes ur ken-sen aside. Because the moment ur ken-sen out of centre is the moment u lose.

2. Because of fear, confusion, misunderstanding of the distance and timing of nitoka, many chudankas start to retrive as soon as they realize their kens-sen is in contact with rival's shorter shinai.

No.

That's the effect nitoka wan to create on u. When u do that, he already win. The moment u retrive will always be the moment he attack u men or kote with fumikomi. Depends on the speed of ur retriving. If u rtetrive fast, he usually give u kote with s samll fumikome. If u retrive slowly, then it 's a men.

Empirically speaking.

So u don't give that to him.

Remeber that, when his shorter shinai touches u or ur bogu, it never counts for any points.

So in case his shorter shinai try to push ur ken-sen aside, and u get stuck cannot use ur technique as usually, what u do?

I take fumikomi-ashi to knock myself on his shorter shinai or knock myself on him directly.

When u knock urself on his shorter shinai, it is already to close for him to hit u men. he will be the one retrive.

When u knock urself on him, he cannot do anything. wait ur chance for hiki.

So alwasy go forward against nito technique. Not backwards. Unless u do hiki.

I don't think anyone said "we give up". It's just your original post took on the tone of "if you do these X simple things, you'll beat a nito guy no problem".

It would be a lot easier to understand your posts if you used common english spellings rather than that single-letter phonetic crap.

Comment

Translator

Here you go Neil, use this handy translator to decode his post

http://ssshotaru.homestead.com/files...ranslator.html

Comment

moocow can hit tsuki and hit over 5 times in a row with the daito! If you suck so much that you cant beat a nito player too freaking bad! I have the answer to everyone's problems, GET BETTER!!! after you have done kendo for over 15 years, you will have a chance against anyone...unless you really suck! People!! sack up and keep doing kendo, it will all come together when you are ready. like everything in life, there are no shortcuts.

AHHHHHHHHHH hahaha that web site is toooo freaking funny!!

oh and if you keep doing cheap ass stuff like bumping in to the person all the time, you are taking away the whole point of shobu and you will get called for a hansoku!
        Last edited by misterkurukuru; 18th November 2004, 05:34 AM.

Comment

Judging on ur previous comment, u undestand my post well

Mr. Neil Gendzwill,

Judging alone from ur previous critics on my simple counter-waza against nito, I have good enough reason to believe that u understand my post well.

Best regards,

Kensin

Originally posted by Neil Gendzwill
          It would be a lot easier to understand your posts if you used common english spellings rather than that single-letter phonetic crap.

Comment

Originally posted by JHusch
            Here you go Neil, use this handy translator to decode his post
            Thanks, I took the opposite tack and encoded my response so he can understand it:

I DONT THINK ANYONE SADE W3 GIEV UP!11! OMG LOL ITS JUST UR ORIGINAL POST 2K ON TEH 2NA OF IF U DO THES3 X SIMPLE THNGS U BAT A NI2 GUY NO PROBL3M

IT11!11!! OMG WTF WUD B A LOT AASEIR 2 UNDERSTAND UR POSTS IF U USED COMON 3NGLISH SPALNGS RATHER THAN TAHT SNGLA-LATER PHON3TIC CRAP
            !!!1!1! WTF LOL

Comment

2 questions to ask "Is it optimal?" or "Is there anyhting better?"

Sometimes when one tries to find a soltuion for a certain problem,

He can make his approach by asking himself 2 questions:

"Is this solution I have found optimal, i.e. better than all other solutions?" or "Is there anything better?"

The later question can be usually answered more easily than the earlier one. To show optimality, one has to compare his optimal solution to all other potential solutions. But to prove sub-optimality, one counter example is sufficient.

So very simply the 2 questions to ask are :"Is this the opitmal one?" and "Is there a better one?"

Unless one can prove the answer for the later question is "yes", I can always claim the answer to the first question is "yes."

This is equivalent to say, in our case particluarly, unless anyone including Gendzwill san, can show a counter example that there exist another waza is better than mine, mine waza is then indeed the very best.

Purely a logic problem, has nothing necessarily to do kendo.

I don't think anyone said "we give up". It's just your original post took on the tone of "if you do these X simple things, you'll beat a nito guy no problem".

Comment

Your logic is screwed up. Just because nobody here has proven something is better doesn't mean that your waza (or whatever else) is the best. It may be that it is the best among the very limited supply of people who post here. Or you may be misinterpreting a lack of responses as "can't prove it" when it really means "can't be bothered to explain it to you". Or it may simply be that some people can't or don't want to prove something physical in words. I know my sensei might have some difficulty in describing his waza in english on a computer, but I submit he'd have little difficulty in using it against you.

Comment

THIS IS DA FUNEIST THREAD IVE R3AD IN A LONG TIEM!1111!1 WTF

Comment

r u a nitoka?

Mr. Neil Gendzwill,

Are you a nito kendoka?

Your logic is screwed up. Just because nobody here has proven something is better doesn't mean that your waza (or whatever else) is the best. It may be that it is the best among the very limited supply of people who post here. Or you may be misinterpreting a lack of responses as "can't prove it" when it really means "can't be bothered to explain it to you". Or it may simply be that some people can't or don't want to prove something physical in words. I know my sensei might have some difficulty in describing his waza in english on a computer, but I submit he'd have little difficulty in using it against you.

Comment

Originally posted by kensin
                      Mr. Neil Gendzwill,

Are you a nito kendoka?
                      Thank you Kensin...I have been searching for the precise meaning of "judgement error" for some time now. I can hear Karou typing all the way from here.

Well done.

Comment

Nope. Chudan and a little jodan. I've had the experience of playing a pretty strong nito guy though - Matthew Raymond. I can't do much with him. He's not invincible by any stretch - my kendo just isn't strong enough to hang with those Canadian team guys. I've seen a few people beat Matthew. One fellow used chudan and just went straight up the middle with men. Another used kasumi and hit gyaku-doh. Both guys are current/former team members.

Comment

What I don't like is the attitide of sitting there saying, "Oh, here comes that Nitoka again, I am chudan, I am dead. "
                          I don't believe anyone said that..the consesus was more that taking jodan as a reply to nito was a bad option.

Jakob

Comment

I am not really clear on what this advice has to do with nito in particular.

If you are fighting against someone doing nito, if they take center with their shoto, and you waste time playing with it, they will just hit you. But it is the same with ai-chudan in a normal match. If someone takes center with their shinai and you push back or something without taking control of the center and their shinai, they will also just hit you.

It sounds like all you are saying is that whoever (a) controls center and (b) controls the opponent will win. This is nothing specific to nito and, I hope, nothing new to anyone who has been practicing kendo for any significant amount of time.

Comment

Is MY logic screewed up? Goodie, Goodie.

Dear Mr. Neil Gendzwill,

May I very kindly ask you (this is "you" is really for u, as I believe most English speaker pronounce "u" the same way as they would pronounce "you", unless u r Dutch, they pronounce "u" as "j".) stop putting words into my month?

If u, sorry, you are an English speaker, you know what I am saying is that: "Please do not misinterprete me purposely any more."

Or maybe my words give misleading effect because I wanted to save my typing time by typing "you" to "u" or typing "are" to "r"? In that sense, I am the one should apologize.

But anyway, return to my point. The thing really puzzels me is that, why there is always people making critics but there is not many making suggestions?

My interest is really, purely, theoratical.

The whole point of my argument is not "If MY waza is optimal?"

But rather it is "how to PROVE 'if my waza is optimal.'" or more precisely "if certain(including mine) waza is optimal".

How do one make prove then? By offering an counter-example.

This logic is not really mine, if u, oopus, sorry, you, happen to know a bit maths or logic (if you don't, that's not your fault and not my concern), this way of reasoning has been adopted since ancient Greek time until now modern day when people do theoratical and applied scientific research.

If this logic is indeed screwed up, I am sorry to think that I am not too confident the one to be blamed would be me. Because I am not the one who invented it.

Comment

Working...
                              X