X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Koshi Nage

In pre-war kendo, the hip throw was allowed. I remember reading somewhere in this forum about how to do it. but I try to find the post all day long and do not find it yet. Could someone post how to do it for me? Don't worry, I won't use in keiko for sure. I just want to get the picture about kendo in the old day.

a koshi-nage?? my goodness....I dunno about you, but that sounds even more violent then it should be.

haha, although....yea, I'm very curious about how someone's supposed to do it.

Comment

i'll toss you around sometime, Tapioka . How about it ? I still have a couple of judo moves in the old noggin' somewhere =P.

Comment

Koshi nage is an aikido throw, we usually call it the T-bar throw, I take judo and have taken alot of falls and it is a pretty hard fall on the mat, so if kendoka did it on hardwood floors it would be the end of the match. I suggest for a pic of it googleing koshi nage + aikido.

Comment

Koshi Nage

Originally posted by KenShi_JoB
          In pre-war kendo, the hip throw was allowed. I remember reading somewhere in this forum about how to do it. but I try to find the post all day long and do not find it yet. Could someone post how to do it for me? Don't worry, I won't use in keiko for sure. I just want to get the picture about kendo in the old day.
          The hip throw is still part of the Judo and Aikido curriculua.

It's a rather spectacular throw in Aikido -- we referred to them as "air falls" -- very beautiful when done right, and very traumatic whan done wrong.

Verbal descriptions pale in comparison to doing and taking this technique.

A small group of people still practice pre-WWII Kendo underthe title of "Classical Kendo."

That should give you enough key-words for a web-search.

Comment

http://sumo.goo.ne.jp/eng/kimarite/33.html
            Last edited by Musha; 26th March 2005, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by R A Sosnowski
              The hip throw is still part of the Judo and Aikido curriculua.

It's a rather spectacular throw in Aikido -- we referred to them as "air falls" -- very beautiful when done right, and very traumatic whan done wrong.

Verbal descriptions pale in comparison to doing and taking this technique.

A small group of people still practice pre-WWII Kendo underthe title of "Classical Kendo."

That should give you enough key-words for a web-search.
              I like hip falls, they do give that air feeling, but, When you land correctly, you want another one ^^;

Comment

Originally posted by Ninjujinkaku
                Koshi nage is an aikido throw, we usually call it the T-bar throw, I take judo and have taken alot of falls and it is a pretty hard fall on the mat, so if kendoka did it on hardwood floors it would be the end of the match.
                Wow, sounds scary. Glad it's not done anymore......shinais hurt enough

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenShinai
                  Wow, sounds scary. Glad it's not done anymore......shinais hurt enough
                  Although, hardwood isn't fun. give me mats.

Comment

Working...
                  X