X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kirikaeshi

I've been thinking about this topic for awhile.
    I was wondering about the Men Uchi's through this excerise. How are they done? I know it's Sayumen but, how do you strike? Straight down like a regular Men Uchi, or do you strike diagonally? (Alike Kesagiri in iai.) And do you even have to strike the Men? I've seen some Kendoka simply strike the Shinai. I was curious about this, if you could offer any type of information; i would be very grateful.

You strike yoko-men, approx at 30 degree angle off vertical..and you should aim to hit the men everytime, not just the shinai!

Jakob

Comment

They are angled cuts, the target is the men, normally the motodachi blocks but if he doesn't your shinai should hit the men. And why should you be wondering about this? Your instructors should be showing you all this stuff, it's absolutely basic.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Gendzwill
        They are angled cuts, the target is the men, normally the motodachi blocks but if he doesn't your shinai should hit the men. And why should you be wondering about this? Your instructors should be showing you all this stuff, it's absolutely basic.
        Well, right now i'm moving. So, i'm not currently in a dojo.
        Thank you for the information.

Comment

aim for the men himo! that helps me

Comment

Working...
          X