X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ya know, i think i found the worst kind of suburi last night

My sensei asked us to do the normal 200 low downward swings, but with one grim difference. we did squats at the ame time. Plus he'd hit the top of our shoulders in between swings.

If you have a more sadistic sensei tell me

If you are ever in NW England, drop by the dojo here at Preston, we'll introduce you to hell. my teacher has, what he calls, "A Fetish for Suburi!"

p.s. my teacher never whacks us whilst we are doing suburi though, he's do busy doing suburi with us!

Comment

My sensei does like the fist 50

Before kendo he teaches like 5 jujitsu classes so he is kinda recovering during our suburi. Actually, I just tell myself that so i dont go beliveing my sensei is not a sadistic maniac.

Comment

I visited Santiago, Chile about a month ago.. They were doing all kind of suburi for warm up. By the time when I thought it was done, they were doing 1000 Suburi again... Welcome party....

Comment

Originally posted by Lil' Kenshi
          Before kendo he teaches like 5 jujitsu classes so he is kinda recovering during our suburi. Actually, I just tell myself that so i dont go beliveing my sensei is not a sadistic maniac.
          Nine posts in under half an hour and you've already made it to the plonk file. That may be a record.

Comment

umm

whats a plonk file?

Comment

Hmm. That kind of suburi is pretty beneficial now that I think about it...Well...Maybe I'm wrong as usual.

Comment

don't do too much of that..knee problems start arising if too much squat suburi according to our sensei..haya suburi is hard enough. But I did see suburi from korean guy. He would squat..then as he hit men, he would spring forward in the air then back to squat position again..he did that, circling arouns the bball court and i thought wow...that's something i wish will not be included in the warm ups hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Lil' Kenshi
                  My sensei asked us to do the normal 200 low downward swings, but with one grim difference. we did squats at the ame time. Plus he'd hit the top of our shoulders in between swings.

If you have a more sadistic sensei tell me
                  I know exactly how you feel,but we have done even more interesting exercises
                  Try 200 haya suburi at the end of the practise.It's so much fun,you feel sooooo relaxed and almost liquid

Comment

My old teacher ended with 500 hayasuburi. After that, we'd get down in sonkyo and do 30 haya suburi from down there. Try it; it absolutely kills your thighs.

Comment

Originally posted by Eldritch Knight
                      My old teacher ended with 500 hayasuburi. After that, we'd get down in sonkyo and do 30 haya suburi from down there. Try it; it absolutely kills your thighs.
                      I'm geting tired only by reading this

Comment

no complaints here...

Comment

Originally posted by Eldritch Knight
                          WOW!! and I thought the combination of men-suburi and kote suburi was hard enough twice through!maybe I could suggest that the next time I go for training~~kekeke.=P

Comment

last monday we did squat suburi..i mean normal squat suburi is not bad..but when you start holding it for 15 sec each squat about..i haven't been training regularly and after about 15-20 of those..my torso nearly collapsed on my legs..haha i looked drunk walking in circles trying to keep my balance

Comment

well, i make sure to stay clear of that method by doing it incognito...

Comment

Working...
                              X