X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do for short torso (ladies)

Anyone who knows where I can get a do for a short torso? Not for kids, but female. I've already seen that emaishop have them..anywhere else?

Chiba Bogu has shorter do for women (or men with a shorter than average torso I suppose), my wife got one and is very happy with it. Check out their web site www.chibabogu.com. Not affiliated in any way - just a happy customer.

RC_Kenshi

Comment

Regarding emaishop they might just have ladies size, not ladies fit, after looking at it one more time.

Thanks for the tip about Chibabogu. I'll contact them.

Comment

Chibabogu have a great page about modifications you can ask for to make bogu fit better for women. If you are getting your gear cuaton made, it might be a good idea. Havent tried it myself tho!

http://www.chibabogu.com/catalog/inf...php?info_id=29

Comment

Yes, I've taken their recommandations into consideration. The prices on their webpages are high, but I know they offer other bogu as well so I'll email them.

Comment

you can also check Tokyo Shobudo: http://t-shobudo.com/

Comment

Update: I ended up with ordering it from e-kendo. Chibabogu have it also, at other prices and qualities. Tokyo Shobudo did not reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Alison2805
                Chibabogu have a great page about modifications you can ask for to make bogu fit better for women. If you are getting your gear cuaton made, it might be a good idea. Havent tried it myself tho!

http://www.chibabogu.com/catalog/inf...php?info_id=29
                At a price though... and risking the accusation of being dubbed as a rich kid who doesn't "deserve" sich decent stuff.

As ever, women either have to pay more, or put up with a c**p fit. Well, assuming they actually have hips and a chest and stuff, like quite a few of us do.

I'm not in armour yet as I only started Kendo in January, and to be honest I'm in no hurry to go into armour.... partly 'cos I suspect it'll be hellish uncomfortable, and I can't afford to get my own (selecting stuff that fits) at the moment.

Comment

My do is ok i guess, it could be better though, especially for up top protection (you know of what i speak of) considering im quite big there.
                  I can live with the Do, but it would be nice to get a custom tare and kote too.

Something worth saving for

Comment

I'm still waiting for my ladies do from e-kendo, should be here any time now. I'll give a little review. When it comes to protection in the top departement, what can I say, it happens when the do cut is too high, and especially on hiki. But I don't think it is dangerous. Being stabbed from the front is another matter imo, if the mune is too small or soft.

I don't think I need a custom tare or kote. The tare is quite soft but protects, and my better kote have short futon.

Koei have bogu sets for women. (See bogubag.com).

Comment

This is an interesting topic I think. I started practising in borrowed bogu about 1,5 years ago, and bought my own around last Christmas (yes I know...but since iaido is my top priority I miss a lot of kendo sessions, which is why things happen slowly for me ). Anyway, the thing is none of them were made to fit women, but I've never had any trouble with the fit. I'm not really flat-chested (somewhere in the borderland between C and D cup) and I would'nt say my hips are that small either (although maybe my waist ought to be a little thinner )... I think this might be due to the fact that I'm rather short (162 cm), because I've never had any problem with there being a space between mune and tsukidare either.

Anyway, I'm curious. When you say that you have problems due to being big-chested, how big are we talking about (if you're not too shy)? And what kind of problems do you have because of the bogu not fitting (maybe my bogu doesn't fit as well as I think it does?)?

Comment

Originally posted by Solinde
                        This is an interesting topic I think. I started practising in borrowed bogu about 1,5 years ago, and bought my own around last Christmas (yes I know...but since iaido is my top priority I miss a lot of kendo sessions, which is why things happen slowly for me ). Anyway, the thing is none of them were made to fit women, but I've never had any trouble with the fit. I'm not really flat-chested (somewhere in the borderland between C and D cup) and I would'nt say my hips are that small either (although maybe my waist ought to be a little thinner )... I think this might be due to the fact that I'm rather short (162 cm), because I've never had any problem with there being a space between mune and tsukidare either.

Anyway, I'm curious. When you say that you have problems due to being big-chested, how big are we talking about (if you're not too shy)? And what kind of problems do you have because of the bogu not fitting (maybe my bogu doesn't fit as well as I think it does?)?
                        Well, being a DD cup can be tricky with a DO lol, i dont look big, i can be deceiving. (If any men comment about that size i'll kill em!) lol

just there is a bulge at the side of the DO sometimes, but nothing major

Comment

I'm thinking that if the do was made to cover the bulge, it would get in the way of the arms. That is what is happening with my do. The mune is too wide.
                          The new do will probably have a less wide and tall mune, and I will be more exposed at the "bulges". Have to live with that I guess.

Comment

That's reassuring....

I'm none too small up top either... D-cup... and I was wondering how much would bulge or how much would be left unprotected and get walloped when someone missed the target area...

Although I'm not in bogu as yet, when I get to that stage it'll be a while in club armour- I can't afford my own for rather a while as I've just upgraded my tournament bow... and I was wondering if I should be getting a Kevlar vest to cover the sides Or put archer's chest-guards underneath...?

It was fun enough making sure I got a gi big enough to overlap decently...

Oh, and if the Trolls comment they'll have the Green Arrow to contend with...

TTFN.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenArrow
                              Oh, and if the Trolls comment they'll have the Green Arrow to contend with...

TTFN.
                              HEHEHEHEHE

Comment

Working...
                              X