X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Female-friendly bogu suppliers

I'm starting a little thread here. For me female-friendly means that I don't have to pay anything extra or wait extra time to get a bogu that is better fitted for the female form.

Number one and the winner is: Koei. They offer several bogu.
    Number two: Emaishop. Offer one bogu that seems to be ment for women.

Outsider: E-kendo. Offer at least part of a bogu (do) at no extra charge.

So there is just one supplier that offers something off the shelf to chose between...?

Originally posted by tantadi
    I'm starting a little thread here. For me female-friendly means that I don't have to pay anything extra or wait extra time to get a bogu that is better fitted for the female form.

Number one and the winner is: Koei. They offer several bogu.
    Number two: Emaishop. Offer one bogu that seems to be ment for women.

Outsider: E-kendo. Offer at least part of a bogu (do) at no extra charge.

So there is just one supplier that offers something off the shelf to chose between...?
    Thanks for that Tantadi, I'll remember that when the time comes to get my own... and sticky it up for reference.

Any chance of a few more specifics about which bogus at Koei or E-Kendo are women-friendly?

Comment

Bogubag lists the following Koei sets "F-Type& G-23 type; were originally made for women high grade players." Eurobogu.net (also Koei) have a set called "Vast Praire for ladies", but it is 5 mm only, and on sale, maybe they are discontinuing it.

E-kendo just replied to my enquiry with "We have mune and do for women". Seemed like I could chose from whatever they had on the webpage, and that they had a "female version" of that.

Comment

Some retailers seem to use "made for women" as a synonym of "white bogu" though..or are white bogu generally made to a different fit?

Comment

Michael from Chibabogu has been really helpful, they offer a woman-friendly DO

Comment

I don't know about the fit of the white bogu. But they often have a lesser stitch, which usually means lesser quality. And do all women want white?

M. Komoto seems real friendly, I talked with him about the female do they had. But it seemed like more of a process and was much more costly than e-kendo. Ultimately you should just have to crank out the Visa card and buy the "female version" on their webpage. IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by tantadi
              But it seemed like more of a process and was much more costly than e-kendo. Ultimately you should just have to crank out the Visa card and buy the "female version" on their webpage. IMO.
              There's a reason it's "more of a process" to get bogu from Chiba Bogu (as well as more expensive). It's custom-made stuff. Being able to just press a button to get it would be the equivalent of being able to get tailored clothing without ever being measured. It just ain't gonna happen.

The back-and-forth, which in my case took a few weeks when ordering my men, is part of what results in the excellent fit and excellent performance of Chiba Bogu's bogu. I suspect it's the same with other suppliers of custom, made-to-order bogu.

Comment

I'm well aware that Chiba sells custom stuff, I don't just think that the most women need to go the customizing route to get a do that fits quite well.

The big issue with female do, is from what I understand that they are too tall, fitted for the longer torso of males. Real tall guys have a similar problem, when the standard do is too short. They can sometimes chose a taller mune. Women can in the same fashion, have their problem helped with a shorter and maybe slimmer mune.

When it comes to getting a custom men, I'm more likely to agree that the advantages of custom are great. Since you wear it snug, and on your head, there are more issues with the fit and comfort.

I'm also under the impression that you pay for quality materials and workmanship with Chiba, so it is about investing in more long lasting stuff.

Comment

I think that getting a well fitting do which lasts a long time would give you alot of pleasure, sure it's an investment but when you know you want to keep practising kendo then I think that going the extra mile for the custom do as chiba for example offers a custom do-dai onto which you would then be able to place a custom mune. In that way you would get a perfect fitting do which will last you for years.

It's all a case of prioritizing

Comment

Originally posted by LarsCW
                    I think that getting a well fitting do which lasts a long time would give you alot of pleasure, sure it's an investment but when you know you want to keep practising kendo then I think that going the extra mile for the custom do as chiba for example offers a custom do-dai onto which you would then be able to place a custom mune. In that way you would get a perfect fitting do which will last you for years.

You're right. Though im going to keep my DO its in perfect order. So far i've replaced my men with my total order coming to 82500 (395) So thats half from my account and half paid by my parents, bless em.

Next to replace is going to be kote then tare, though this is a long way down the line.

Chibabogu DO is very expensive.

Comment

A Chiba do is expensive as you make it because they have such a wide variaty of choices. If it means you would have a perfect fitting do which will last for many years then the only question would be if it is worth it to you.

Comment

This was mentioned by Chidokan elsewhere, but since White sets are made for girls, a lower budget alternative would be to gewt a Do from a white set. Obviously this has the disadvantage of being very ugly (no offense to ladies with bad taste ), but functional.

Comment

Now, how is ebogu.com for women's bogu? I ask because my kohai wants to purchase bogu, but I'm afraid that she won't like it as I'm sure it will be a bit cumbersome. As we're probably only about 4 or 5 hours from LA and the warehouse, I really wish her mom could take her there so she could try on and such.

Comment

Its relative girls... Chiba Bogu are more expensive but not outrageously so, they really take time to consider the custom order side, hence the more bang for your buck...nothing fits like a proper woman's Do. Custom or otherwise...

ps. and for those that spend loads $$$ on a "custom" Do - why do you buy black ?!

from what I understand that they are too tall, fitted for the longer torso of males
                            ...no, the main issue, is the mune is too wide at the point near the ermm boobs (chest - wotever...) and the cut under the arms, isn't angled at the right height ...well speaking from experience - of a Do that has fitted 'like a glove' for years...its worth it girls, so consider buying for your own 'body' (ps. hey haven't we had this similar like thread before ??

Comment

Originally posted by LarsCW View Post

It's threads like these that are pervert magnets.

Just kidding.

Comment

Working...
                              X