X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

accurate term is "made-to-measure"
    As Sir Winston Churchill once said, we (US & UK) are divided by a common language, made to measure is custom in our book. Pedantics. Its not off the shelf is basically what we're saying

As to cheap, expensive, that's relative too, the inference from MAGirl saying...
    that isn't TOO expensive...I'm kinda a new Kendoka so
    in context of either projected usage, or other hobbies, it isn't too bad
    So is $2k cheap or expensive to whose wallet ? whose life, and whose hobbies...

Comment

tricks of the trade

A friend of mine from my dojo was talking to e-bogu recently about female bogu and they told her they were definitely considering making a line for female kendoka (about time). Until then, she showed me a great trick on how to resize the do (suggested by e-bogu guys) which works really well and makes it fit a little better.

Comment

I didn't buy female specific stuff. My bogu is just regular bogu, not gender specific. I also wear the typical navy blue hakama. My Sensei never said anything about me needing anything different. I think that it is all marketing...

Comment

I found this site they have a few sets of female bogu, the 2bu blue set looks great and not expensive at all. They also have a few sets of white bogu.
          It`s a korean shop, but the site is in japanese they ship international. And on the contact page it says english is ok on the phone.
          I dont seem to be able to find an english site though

http://www.kendo-master.com/index.ph...dcd8abb9ab768b

this is the number taken from the site
          82-10-3757-6924(韓国ソウル)日本語(佐藤)英語(ホミニア)To speak english ask for hominia, not sure of the pronunciation.
          might be a hasle, but for the ladies that 2bu set looks sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by IloveKendo View Post
            I didn't buy female specific stuff. My bogu is just regular bogu, not gender specific. I also wear the typical navy blue hakama. My Sensei never said anything about me needing anything different. I think that it is all marketing...
            I dunno about that. It is going to come down to body types more than anything else. Someone with a long torso and a large bust will need a different do than someone who has a short torso and a small chest or a person with a long torso and small chest. It also comes down to whether or not the person can handle being tagged in the breast or not. Some people want more protection than that which a standard do provides. But not everyone with breasts is going to mind. I have been tagged several times and never much cared. I guess the same could apply to people who want a more narrow do versus people who want one that is more wide or somesuch.

Comment

Originally posted by IloveKendo View Post
              ^^^^^same situation for me, have to agree. I use all "regular" stuff and just have a very good sports bra. My do is perhaps a bit deeper than most would have it but this offers extra protection.

Comment

Hi everyone, I am a returning "kendoka" I practiced in Scotland 6 years ago and due to work commitments I could not attend classes and had to give it up (very sad for me) I also sold my armor (E-kendo) and I regret doing that. I moved to Spain and now looking to buy armour once again, I am not sure whether to go for e-kendo or try someone else, like e-bogu? Which suppliers would you recommend. I currently still have my chiba budogu men

Thanks all!

Comment

Working...
                X