X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to deal with period pain?

Does everyone still go and enjoy keiko on their, erhmm, "heavy" days?

I'm talking about when your super tampon couldn't quite handle the situation. (and how do you deal with that)

I've tried painkillers but then it makes me sleepy...

People said "regular exercise" will ease off period pain, but how come it doesn't really work for me...?? Does it have anything to do with body weight?

The best solution might well be skipping the whole thing, but then I'd well be skipping a practice once a month just because of this stupid reason!!

Any thoughts?

How do I deal with my period pain?

I usually leave out offerings of chocolate, tortilla chips and salsa, midol, and lock myself in the toolshed for about a week....

Comment

Ummm Michiyo, I think this is the one place where man-trolls are not very welcomed.

I'm not a girl, but I remember my mum mentioning to one of my friends an acupuncture point (mum is an acupuncturist) in the hand that apparently works well. I'll ask her when she gets home. Boy wil that be awkward.
      Last edited by Lloromannic; 26th May 2006, 02:26 AM.

Comment

Sorry for the double post, but I called her and after some inquiring on why did I want to know, she told me that the point (Sp6) is not on the hand but on the leg. I did some googling and found this article which discusses it, and this diagram of where to find Sp6. Don't do it if you are pregnant though.

Comment

Originally posted by Lloromannic
          Ummm Michiyo, I think this is the one place where man-trolls are not very welcomed.
          Very astute love! Guys... just buy us chocolate and then hide under the stairs, that's what my fella does.

Mingshi - I use ibuprofen rather than paracetamol, they're anti inflammatory and don't make you as sleepy. You're not alone, I suffer from it really bad, i tend to spend a whole week per month doubled up on the sofa! If i'm really bad i miss kendo. Best way. gentle excercise my a**e! Never worked for me!

As for the acupuncture Lloromannic, i'd be very interested. I've heard of using hot stones strategically placed, but then a hot water bottle does much better.

Comment

V. Interesting article Lloromannic, you're a true gent! Not a man-troll at all.. perhaps we should make you our mascot!

Comment

Hi ummm from what i heared from the doctor and nutritionists (i asked the doctor coz my wife also has pms sometimes). Prior to having a period you should increase water intake and avoid sodium rich foods. Eat more fruits and veggies like apples, pineapples, pears, bananas, celery. And lay off soda, coffee and processed foods for awhile. That somewhat might help relieve the onset of the period and pain. Just droppin in my 2 cents on this hope it helps

Comment

Michiyo, you made us, men, look bad. This is the place we shouldn't interfere. Don't you know women are the fierce warrior when they have ummmm. Everytime my wife wants to eat me alive, I know she has a 100 year flood problem and I just withdraw into the closet.
                Last edited by LNGUYEN; 26th May 2006, 02:51 AM.

Comment

Ahehehe...that's also the

Comment

Originally posted by Michiyo Akimoto
                    Just an FYI:
                    Though it may feel good on a physical level,
                    Acupressure and Acupuncture have no basis in Scientific fact or method.
                    Essentially, they are quackery.
                    If it doesn't work, Chinese wouldn't use it for over a thousand years...

Back on topic... I'm fortunate that I don't have that pain problem you have, Mingshi. Though, you might want to try some Chinese medicines which my mom finds them more effective than painkillers. Try 天喜堂, I'm sure you can find them easily where you live

Comment

Though it may feel good on a physical level,
                      Psst, remember this is a thread about feeling good physically.

Comment

Originally posted by Lloromannic
                        Sorry for the double post, but I called her and after some inquiring on why did I want to know, she told me that the point (Sp6) is not on the hand but on the leg.
                        If you lay your first two fingers on the top of the ankle bone (second finger on the highest part of the bone and fore finger on top) then one finger width to the rear of this line that should be the spot. Use the tip of a finger or thumb and push on this spot. Not always necessary to use both because often it only comes from one side. THE SPOT WILL BE VERY VERY TENDER.
                        I used this on my wife for years and it works. The only problem was that she would scream and try to slug me but five minutes later, pain gone. It is painfull so often you can't do it to yourself.
                        There are three spots on the hand but they are for headaches, usually the one in the webbing between the thumb and forefinger is the one for period headaches.
                        Another good technique is for you to lay on your stomach while your partner uses his (or her) big toe to "walk" from the tip of your big toe up the bottom of your feet. Hard to explain but it feels great.

Comment

Oh, yes, quite right. I forgot.
                          First rule of Scientific Method:

If the subject is oriental, shrouded in antiquity, and been used for XXX_thousand years, it's automatically true and correct, so no need to hold it to any sort of scrutiny.
                          In shorinji Kempo's advanced techniques is to strike pressure points. One hit to the correct pressure point can handicap or kill a person. Now, for the opposite effects it can helps the body if apply correctly. And besides that, now I know what GreenArrow means man-troll.

Comment

I bet your wife was still limbing and dealing with the pain you caused her for two weeks that she forgot her own full Moon pain. Mission accomplish

Comment

Originally posted by LNGUYEN
                              I bet your wife was still limbing and dealing with the pain you caused her for two weeks that she forgot her own full Moon pain. Mission accomplish
                              No it actually worked. The problem was that you have to kind of sneak up and do it when they are not expecting it because otherwise she would never let me get close enough. It's kind of like approaching an injured wild animal. Ah the burdens that we must bear for our loved ones.

Comment

Working...
                              X