Clear All

Half naked athletic men...
    ...where where ?!??!

...these guys scare you ?! no way...phwoar

Never say, budo is boring

Comment

Do straight guys wear that stuff?

Comment

Wow. Has to be really hot to wear them... especially the leather ones!!

Comment

Originally posted by mingshi
          Wow. Has to be really hot to wear them... especially the leather ones!!
          That's why boxers are best, keeps "the package" cool.

Comment

There is a reason for "it" to be outside... "It" needs to cool down, people... Why the heck would you go against God's design and wrap it tightly with layers and layers of fabric?

"There is nothing between me and my hakama..."

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatz
              I wouldnt wear that.

Comment

Originally posted by Koki
                And you think boxers will provide MORE protection?
                No, they're just a lot easier to wash than a hakama.

Originally posted by Ignatz
                I think it's a pretty safe bet that a straight guy and leather underwear are a pretty rare combination.

Comment

What ever happened to breifs, yo? Nothing grants the perfect balance of freedom and security than a well-fit pair of undies (slightly baggy and roomy). I'm not talking about tighty-whities, though. If you wear tight briefs, that's gotta suck.

Comment

Originally posted by nothing
                    I personally wear very loose fitting "airy" shorts under my Hakama (some go "commando")

what do most ladies wear under their hakama? LOL. no it's a serious question. I'm a guy, and tried to wear running/compression shorts and found it relatively hot and constricting )especially in Sonkyu.

I doubt it, but have any of you ladies gone "comando?"
                    Well in response of that question, just my nickers, but it never bothers me wearing just that

Comment

Originally posted by Koki
                      There is a reason for "it" to be outside... "It" needs to cool down, people... Why the heck would you go against God's design and wrap it tightly with layers and layers of fabric?

"There is nothing between me and my hakama..."
                      As to the why... I've heard that it's pretty painful to have "the boys" bounce against your thigh when you fumikomi. Also protects from the dreaded "scro-te." Horror stories abound regarding unintentional hits to the kibbles and bits.

In the "for commando" camp at my dojo... I think they just do it to get out of doing the flutter kicks and leg raises our sensei makes us do.

Comment

runsyi, with your scro-te concept I had a really good laugh... It remainds me a pic that I saw and the many times I have to apologize because I tried to do a Doh hit and insted of that I hit way away down.

Comment

As far as underwear is concerned, nothing beats a nice pair of boyshorts.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitsune
                            runsyi, with your scro-te concept I had a really good laugh... It remainds me a pic that I saw and the many times I have to apologize because I tried to do a Doh hit and insted of that I hit way away down.
                            you cheeky kitsune....

about this thread... there's nothing much to be curious about. girls just can't go commando. end.

now about girlie security in kendo......

i have to admit i once missed a dou on a girl... but, it still DID SOUND like a dou... i was like... WTF??? i could swear I MISSED THAT CUT. well, turns out she was wearing some kind of fiberglass chest protector under her keikogi, chest area, lol. lucky me, lucky her.

so i was wondering since then.... how many of you girls do actually wear sports bra? or any extra chest protection?? or is it safe to go around topless-commando with the mariahs hanging out loose?

Comment

Originally posted by Paburo
                              how many of you girls do actually wear sports bra? or any extra chest protection?? or is it safe to go around topless-commando with the mariahs hanging out loose?
                              Somehow I knew you'd end up on this thread, Paburo. I wear a sports bra, but mostly because I like to be able to change in the dojo. I have worn nothing but a regular bra/camisole on days when I come straight from work and there isn't really any difference for me. Of course it's different for every girl depending on the size of her "mariahs" as you put it.

Comment

Originally posted by runsyi
                                As to the why... I've heard that it's pretty painful to have "the boys" bounce against your thigh when you fumikomi. Also protects from the dreaded "scro-te." Horror stories abound regarding unintentional hits to the kibbles and bits.
                                Gotta disagree here. The key is to be relaxed and the boys will hang and swing as you move. No way they should be going side to side in fumikomi but should go right up the alley. If they are restricted that is where they can get smashed. The tare should protect from scro-te hanging or not. I think the dreaded stories are urban myths. In fact, last sunday at the NYC tourney I got a dead on scro-te right to the zekken. Because I was going forward it went off to my left and under the left flap, the inner flap prevented it from penetrating (pun intended)
                                Funniest part was they stopped the match and the head shimpan came over, pulled up my zekken flap, checked to see if it was still tied and adjusted it. I wasn't sure whether I should thank him or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X