X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sex and sports.

I was thinking that as women we never speak of our point of view about having sex before a competition is bad for you and your performance.

For me, I mean in my opinion that's just a myth, that's because it relaxes you and that's allways good for your muscles.

What do you think, girls?

Well as I am not a woman perhaps I should not be replying to this thread... but I just thought I'd say that the concept of no sex before a sports event is certainly not a universally agreed upon concept by men (and I assume by women also). I do not beleive it has much negative effect in my experience unless you are talking about having sex within an hour of the sporting event. Personally I agree with Kitsune's view that it relaxes and unwinds both the body and the mind and I think that is a good thing for performance. However I am not a world-class athlete so perhaps it's just that I don't notice any difference in sporting performance after sexual activity.

Comment

I don't really see why there would be that much difference between guys and girls when it comes to this. Anyway, as long as your not having sex during the competition and thus missing your matches, what's the problem?

Comment

I cant really comment. Sorry

Comment

well, i think it depends... if you're a tense person, you probably should 'unwind' a little bit before the sporting event. But, if you're a lackadaisical person usually, even more unwinding probably won't help too much in competitions.

Comment

Originally posted by Solinde
            I don't really see why there would be that much difference between guys and girls when it comes to this. Anyway, as long as your not having sex during the competition and thus missing your matches, what's the problem?
            Hmmit is not infrequent that there is a lot of time between matches. Now, lets see, that tare and do present some problems, but nothing insurmountableerr...I dont know, my friend, I think it can be done!

Comment

Originally posted by Commander
              I cant really comment. Sorry
              Neither can I. But I will do anyway.

I don't see why it should affect you. Unless it was a really good session and you can't keep your mind from thinking about it and it affects your focus.... but other than that I don't see any problem.

Comment

I dont think it would have any negtative effects. The stress relief is probably a good thing.

Comment

well i think it can be bad dependiing ofcourse off the time between the sexual activity and the comp coz it can leave you tired for the comp if your up all night and if your to relaxed you might not have enough aggression to fight.

Comment

God damn I WILL learn to lurk without posting...

Comment

Originally posted by ace
                      well i think it can be bad dependiing ofcourse off the time between the sexual activity and the comp coz it can leave you tired for the comp if your up all night and if your to relaxed you might not have enough aggression to fight.

That's a really good point never thougt of that... But, I think you can be able to compete if you're relax too and not necesarly be agresive, for me for example, being agresive when I fight in kendo makes me loose the objective, but when I calm and relax I can see it more clearly.

What do you think?

Comment

Once I saw a short interview with a woman kickboxer, and she was asked about the sex thing. She said that her coach tells her to get more sex before bouts in order to get more testosterone built up.

I'm not sure I believe it, but there it is...

Comment

Originally posted by hyuna
                          Once I saw a short interview with a woman kickboxer, and she was asked about the sex thing. She said that her coach tells her to get more sex before bouts in order to get more testosterone built up.

I'm not sure I believe it, but there it is...
                          Blahhaaahhaaaaaaa!!
                          Now there is an excuse for any man to give his lady.
                          "Darling, you have a bout tommorow, lets get to it. I gotts the formular!"

Comment

Working...
                          X