Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nito gals?

Hi Gals and Guys,
    Does anyone know of any Nito gals? I guess its not normal since it requires so much strength, speed and wrist power but its not impossible.
    Okay looking foward to your responses. Flower power!

my Wife...

she can cook with two pans, and if she gets upset, Im sure she can used them efiiciently too!

Comment

Lol

Thats awsome! Made me laugh. Better not make her angry!

Comment

i do know of a girl up in scotland who fences jodan, but no one in the UK that i know of - shame really, suppose there aren't enough people doing it in the uk full stop

Comment

I've seen at least two female yondans (one jietai and one in Kyoto) fence in jodan. One of my friends does nito and he occasionally lets another female friend of mine try it out. He claims it helps to understand the weaknesses of nito.

Comment

There was a girl from Renbu a few years ago that played from jodan, not sure if she's still around. I've never seen anyone do nito. I suspect upper body strength would be a big issue.

Comment

Isn't there a woman up in the NY area (named Farmer?) who does jodan? ...

sorry this doesn't have anything to do with the original question asked.

Comment

theres a woman in our dojo who does jodan

Comment

there are loads of female jodan kenshi in japan. so dont stress about it.

farmer was in the USA squad for the last WKC and is a good friend of mine. she practises at Shidogakukan in NYC.

ive seen 1 or 2 nito female kenshi as well (in Japan), so they do exist.

Comment

They're probably really rare. The ratio of male to female kendo-ka is a little bit one sided, and from what I've seen, (Based on the fact that at the two kendo events that I've been at in the short time that I've been practicing, I haven't seen even one.) nito kendo-ka are rare enough as it is. So the chances of running into a female nito kendo-ka are pretty low.

Comment

Lucky!

Originally posted by GeorgeMcCall
                      there are loads of female jodan kenshi in japan. so dont stress about it.

farmer was in the USA squad for the last WKC and is a good friend of mine. she practises at Shidogakukan in NYC.

ive seen 1 or 2 nito female kenshi as well (in Japan), so they do exist.
                      I guessed there would be some in Japan considering they have nito dojos. Lucky! My instructor wants me to learn nito. Its going to be awsome but difficult.
                      Thats awsome that your friends with Mrs./Ms.(?) Farmer. I've always wanted to meet her. Guess I have to visit NYC when I'm on that side of the globe.
                      Thanks for all the responses guys and gals! Happy training.

Comment

When Im about 60, I might be good enough to try it...

Comment

Working...
                        X