X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncomfortable Iaito

I have the fattest obi of all time (apparently it's so thick it makes me look like a farmboy) but I still find that the iaito rests/rubs uncomfortably and sometimes painfully on my hip.

Any other lasses with this problem and how do you get around it or do you just suck it up?

Peace

Originally posted by Newbie
    I have the fattest obi of all time (apparently it's so thick it makes me look like a farmboy) but I still find that the iaito rests/rubs uncomfortably and sometimes painfully on my hip.

Any other lasses with this problem and how do you get around it or do you just suck it up?

Peace
    Me, I got myself a narrower obi. Is it wide? Or actually thick? I have an obi that started out really stiff (and my sword constantly ground against my hip), but it softened with time.

Comment

my iaito rests on top of the hip (not allowed for men)
      i also have a narrow obi. its just a cheapy from when i first started
      but when ive tried normal sized nice ones ive found the same problem, which is why ive stuck to my little one.
      try folding and ironing it in half. though this may make it stick out lots.

Comment

Elasticated Iai Obi, is the best ! It doesn't rub, it doesn't ride (as much, but no obi is perfect for women with hips) and it stretches enough for the saya, your saya-biki...get one fast !

Comment

Did u ever think of going into advertising?
          And would it be viable to use for kendo? (sorry-noobilicious question)

Comment

Working...
          X