Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

urgh, what a frightning sight on that site
    im only a b. glad i didnt select to watch gg cup or something

i do iai, and its important as a woman in that not to show any chest area at all. so for my low cut gi i wear a sleevless black top.
    it may not be needed in kendo, due to the ties, (though we have those too, and one of mine has velcro ) and getting more hoterer from working more, but its whatever you feel comfortable with
    get a comfy sports bra, not an evil one.
    there may well be a thread on here discussing chest protectors too somewhere.

as for under the hakama. i prefer briefs as thongs give me hakama wedgies when doing seiza and tatehiza no bu

Comment

I like the champion shape 2000 sports bras and nike workout stretchy shorts. But honestly the sports bra isn't that important to me for kendo. If I come straight from work I wear a normal underwire. But, like Rottunpunk, I'm a B, so if you're blessed with more bountiful bosoms than that might not work. Whatever you wear, make sure you don't mind it turning blue. I also prefer dark blue or black shorts just in case they show through the hakama slits.

Comment

Nothing . Thats my little secret garden .

Comment

wow....girls have much more to worry about in kendo....i just throw on a black t shirt under my gear....

Comment

Originally posted by Shogun
            wow....girls have much more to worry about in kendo....i just throw on a black t shirt under my gear....
            Why would you use a T-shirt?
            I can understand girls want to have a sports-bra, but I can't really think of any reason why a male person would wear anything under the gi.

Comment

Originally posted by h2o
              I can understand girls want to have a sports-bra, but I can't really think of any reason why a male person would wear anything under the gi.
              It helps obsorb sweat (the same reason u would wear a head band).

Comment

Originally posted by h2o
                I agree with you. A shirt may "absorb sweat" but it feels hot and crap. I just wear a comfy sports bra and a singlet if its winter.

Youll just have to find out what if best for you!! Oh, and dont wear a lacy bra - dont ask why, just trust me on that one.

Comment

I've actually worn a wrestling uniform under my gi. It soaks up the sweat, and it dosen't show. Wedgies can sometimes be a problem, though, but I'm fairly sure nobody wants to hear about that...

Comment

eeeewwwww.....

Comment

Originally posted by Alison2805
                      eeeewwwww.....
                      Oops. Well, I've learned my lesson now...

Comment

Originally posted by Obukan_dude
                        Oops. Well, I've learned my lesson now...
                        No sarcasm intended, btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Shogun
                          It helps obsorb sweat (the same reason u would wear a head band).
                          A person would wear a headband to absorb sweat and prevent it from getting in their eyes (or maybe because they thought the '80s was the height of fashion). Eyebrows also perform this function. What is the t-shirt doing that the keikogi isn't already taking care of?

Comment

so that one does not have to wash the gi as often?

I do that with my work uniform, wear somehting underneath so i can be lazy and skim on the dry cleaning, though i don't sweat at work.

Comment

Originally posted by Obukan_dude
                              No sarcasm intended, btw.
                              Hahaha! I said ewww to the mental image of a guy in a sweaty wrestling suit running around with a wedgie. Good grief, I bet you only did that once! Must have been really uncomfortable!

Comment

Ok, Ive been doing research
                                There are girls who wear nothing, some girls a sportsbra, somegirls a regular bra, somT-shirt, and others combine.
                                so. anything goes it seems. just expirement and see what you feel most comfortable with

Comment

Working...
                                X