Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To the kind person who wrote this:
    "Try to be less silly, you're hard to take seriously because of it."

To this, I raise my mug of high octane alcoholic beverage to you and I proudly proclaim:
    I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam!!!
    I never take myself seriously.
    I fail to see why anyone else should either!

(Looks around)
    ..Now then...
    where's my pants?
    Last edited by Kenzan; 2nd November 2006, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Gendzwill
      A t-shirt to absorb sweat makes no sense. Now if you had a polypro sports t-shirt like dri-fit or whatever, that makes more sense - it wicks the sweat away from your body and into the keikogi. This is the principle behind some of the newer two-layer keikogi.
      I don't understand this whole wicking concept. Where does it wick the sweat too? I'd rather have my sweat absorbed evenly across my gi than gathering at the bottom in some soggy mess or dripping off. Does anyone have any experience with these wicking gis?

Comment

Originally posted by Kenzan
        To the kind person who wrote this:
        "Try to be less silly, you're hard to take seriously because of it."

To this, I raise my mug of high octane alcoholic beverage to you and I proudly proclaim:
        I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam!!!
        I never take myself seriously.
        I fail to see why anyone else should either!

(Looks around)
        ..Now then...
        where's my pants?
        The womens forum are holding them for ransom.

I havent been offended by you yet kenzan, keep trying

Comment

Into practice

well i got to start swinging/cutting today... thoguth i don't think i'm at all ready for it.
          but i think i've found my answer as i was wearing ym normal sports undergear that i use when i work out and such, but i noticed that the extra curvature would chafe or squeeze throwing off the form of my arms. hence i didnt squeeze properly allt he time and my cuts would stop a bit high as sides of arms are resting on the side of the curve.

going to have to find something that tucks them in more, they have this chest binging thing in taiwan that my friend uses becuase she hates being a girl, looks like a kevlar vest. but then again i dont want to have a hard time breathing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatz
            Well said. Pehaps all Englishmen are not goat buggerers afterall.
            That's quite a compliment coming from Ignatz.

Comment

Originally posted by neko kenshi
              I don't understand this whole wicking concept. Where does it wick the sweat too?
              Into the outer gi, so that the layer near your skin is relatively dry and comfortable but the outside is wet. Other high-output athletes have been using this concept for some time now - not too many serious athletes wear cotton next to the skin anymore.

Comment

I wore a cotton shirt in my first half marathon. Big mistake. It weighed about ten pounds at the end of the race.

Comment

Really? I often run over a half marathon in cotton, and it doesn't bother me. But I suppose I'm used to it, and don't sweat terribly much anyway, especially at night when I run. But that explains it; thanks. I was just remembering someone talking about their wicking gi not working well a few years back, so I guess I was misconceived about the concept.

Comment

I often wear products from this range for keiko - http://www.nike.com/nikeproeurope/?l...urope/gateway/

I have to say they are rather good!

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatz
                      Well said. Pehaps all Englishmen are not goat buggerers afterall.

But they are soo very cute

Comment

Originally posted by satsumaruma
                        But they are soo very cute

Comment

Well, maybe not all of them, but most of them are very cute.

Love that pic!

Comment

Sports bra and workout shorts. If I forget to pack the sports bra I’d rather go without than wear that under wire.

I think it looks sloppy if your T-shirt or sweat wicking body amour shows above the gi – or out the arms. At my dojo, the sensei respectfully point this out to people who wear hi-neck under shirts, etc.

Comment

It depends on temperature. In the summer, I merely wear a sports bra under my top, and usually panties (or if it's bad enough I'll actually go commando). In the winter, when I was in Japan, I wore a t-shirt and shorts underneath because it was that cold. Here in the States, I told my kohai, when she was beginning, that for practice purposes it was perfectly acceptable to wear a t-shirt under her top if she was cold, but tactfully make sure it's the same color as her gi.

A lot of the kids in the junior high bukatsu wore their PE clothes underneath, partially so Mom didn't have to wash all the time, but also to keep warm.

Just don't wear pants, or a long sleeved t-shirt, yes?

Not a stupid question. The only stupid questions are those not asked. Or, to be funny, as Mr. Garrison said on South Park, there are no stupid questions, just stupid people. But you aren't in that camp

Oh, and every dojo is different. At mine, for warmth purposes, we did wear shirts under our gi so as to not catch cold. If your dojo seems not so open to wearing t-shirts, one solution would be to go to Walmart, get a cheap t-shirt the same color as your gi, and cut the neckline low enough so it doesn't show.

For shiai or shinsa, of course, do NOT wear a t-shirt where the neckline shows.
                              Last edited by namabiru; 1st January 2007, 12:40 PM. Reason: extra thoughts

Comment

Helly Hanssen and Under Armour

A thermal layer will do, it keeps the sweat off your body and your gi will absorb it! I use these shirts for multiple sports but not for kendo

Comment

Working...
                                X