X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PNKF North American Women's Team Tournament

The Pacific Northwest Kendo Federation will be holding it's 3rd North American Women's Team Tournament on July 21st 2007 in the Seattle area. Invitations will be sent to all of the AUSKF regional federations and various Canadian organizations. Each invitee my enter up to two teams of 5. Minimum entry is 3 and one may be borrowed from groups that have extra competitors. This tournament is held on the year between the AUSKF tournament and the WKC. Interested parties can contact me.

Cool! I want to compete!!! Is there a website I can check out?

Comment

Very soon

Originally posted by namabiru View Post
      Cool! I want to compete!!! Is there a website I can check out?
      The info will be posted soon on the PNKF website. Your entry would be through the SWUSKIF. I expect that they will again send a team.

Comment

PNKF web site updated

The PNKF website http://kendo-pnkf.org/ now has the invitation, rules and entry form posted. Invitations have been sent to all of the AUSKF affiliates as well as Hawaii, several Canadian orgs and Mexico.

Comment

update

PNKF has had a lot of good response to the tournament. Looks like it may be the biggest one yet. Entrys are due June 21st.

Comment

There are so many entered a kyu division has been added. The party after is not to be missed.

Comment

Entrys to date

42 yudansha women with 18 of them 4 dan or above, 16 kyu. 12 teams will compete. We will accept late entries until July 1st.

Comment

I'll be there. I've heard the after party is potluck?

Comment

Originally posted by runsyi View Post
                  I'll be there. I've heard the after party is potluck?
                  You can ask Roxie about the after party, the food is provided by PNKF and it's women's group. I understand one of you is coming early in the week and will attend the seminars.

Comment

Originally posted by jmarsten View Post
                    You can ask Roxie about the after party, the food is provided by PNKF and it's women's group. I understand one of you is coming early in the week and will attend the seminars.
                    I had been thinking about it, but HKF is sponsoring a Chiba-sensei seminar so most of us will be coming Thursday.

Comment

Getting super excited to go to Seattle!! Very awesome that there is now a kyu division! Me vs. Yudansha = sudden death before I even know what is hitting me... However-- I was originally going to meet other Kendo gurls--as there are very few in our federation that we (our team) ever see. I hope it is a ton of fun, and I get to meet up with some great people! Runsyi, I totally have to meet you, simply because some of your posts have been a riot!

We are newbish.. especially to tournament type settings, so I just hope I don't do anything stupid to embarass myself (or team or federation)! I really wish we could go earlier to the camp/clinic that week, but due to everyone's work/school/life issues, we can only go for a long weekend.

looking forward to meeting you all!

Comment

Originally posted by BluishHue View Post
                        We are newbish.. especially to tournament type settings, so I just hope I don't do anything stupid to embarass myself (or team or federation)!
                        I was a little nervous myself because I am the least experienced of the Hawaii girls (they're all WKC vets) but my sensei told me something that helped with that. "Just do your best Kendo."

I think everyone has those "doh" moments though. At my first taikai I was so nervous I actually stepped out on the court without my kote. The sensei that had been talking to me before the match kept calling me back but I thought he was wishing me luck so I stepped in the shiai-jo and bowed before the shimpan told me.

Comment

runsyi's back!

with a new avatar? really shell, youre leaving the door wide open with that pic....

Comment

Originally posted by T.Lee View Post
                            with a new avatar? really shell, youre leaving the door wide open with that pic....
                            Try walking through it and see what happens.

I can take anything you dish out.

Comment

Originally posted by runsyi View Post
                              I think everyone has those "doh" moments though.
                              I never have do moments. Or men moments. Or kote moments. Or...well, you get the picture.

Comment

Working...
                              X