X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Romance in the Dojo

Do you have a teacher/student romantic relationship in your dojo? If so, I have 3 questions:

1. How did it start?
    2. How did the people involved deal with it?
    3. How is the relationship now?

1. I would not look for romance in the dojo, even if....the hottest girl in the world suddenly had the hots for me, and wanted me realllllly bad, etc etc....i would still say/act/look in the ways of "no".....thats of course i will wait until AFTER the dojo .

Comment

Hey Hand Solo

You have to get to a dojo first

Comment

I 110% concur.

Comment

Originally posted by Kendoka_Han View Post
          1. I would not look for romance in the dojo, even if....the hottest girl in the world suddenly had the hots for me, and wanted me realllllly bad, etc etc....i would still say/act/look in the ways of "no".....thats of course i will wait until AFTER the dojo .
          Just to point out...you're not exactly sticking to the point of the original post. So why even bother posting?

(This is for your own good actually...you don't want to get the Manslayer ticked off with you...believe me you don't... )

Togashi

Comment

Originally posted by Manslayer View Post
            Do you have a teacher/student romantic relationship in your dojo? If so, I have 3 questions:

1. How did it start?
            I've never seen it happen between teacher and student, but have seen it happen between comrades. It seems it worked out okay - I think one couple broke up and they just agreed to be friends and have the dojo be off limits to any personal stuff.

My mother always said, "Never sh*t where you sleep," so I would be really reluctant to get involved with a fellow kenshi. (For the record, I am married to a non-kenshi.)

Comment

Like Charlie said, never seen it between sensei and student but I have seen it between others. Some worked out ok, others not so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                My mother always said, "Never sh*t where you sleep,"...
                thank god, i have indoor plumbing..

pete

Comment

I heard of a bust up in a Dojo between Kenshi. It got ugly and the parties all left the Club. It was a triangle theme if you know what I mean.

Comment

I saw one student/teacher affair happen. Unfortunately, they were both married to other people at the time. Both student and teacher ended up leaving the dojo. The teacher ended up going back to his wife, but never did return to training. Don't know what ever happened to the student as she just quit associating with anyone at the dojo.
                    To answer the questions ...
                    1. Extra practices.
                    2. Not very well.
                    3. Over.

The only other one I am familiar with is an instructor whose wife is also a student. It started before she started attending. They are very careful to keep anything personal out of practice. He insists on her being just another student when they are at the dojo (which I think is the right way to go!). It has worked pretty well so far.
                    Last edited by pgsmith; 5th April 2007, 03:46 AM. Reason: Poor proof-reading!

Comment

i have seen it happen and work well and it not work well. but i haven't seen any bad breakups. Most of te relationships in our dojo are the young early 20's so it's only natural for them to explore relationships--I just look at it as none of my business and the same thing happens in the professional arena also.
                      If they are adult and mature and keep it discreet &/or appropiate it's, ok.

Comment

Seen it happen before. It bugs me and in the situation I"ve seen, its inappropriate feeling.

Comment

"Romance of the Three Dojos"?

Comment

oops... posted in wrong thread.... delete
                            Last edited by Kenshi; 5th April 2007, 03:46 PM. Reason: im an idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Manslayer View Post
                              1. How did it start?
                              I live with one of my sensei (he nidan, me gokyu).

1. After a year and a half of dating and later living together he talked me into kendo. Or rather, I talked myself into it.
                              2. It works wonderfully. We have a no-kisses-in-the-dojo-policy imposed by me (I don't think a relationship works in a dojo, especially not pupil/sensei)
                              3. We haven't argued once either in or outside the dojo, and that's probably because we have the opportunity to beat eachother with sticks on a daily basis

Comment

Working...
                              X