X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High School Girls Kendo Championship

Love this three part video and love the winners uniform.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

wow. they are so little...but nice matches.

Comment

Part 3,The last Do Cut was totally sick!!

Comment

Why is that?

Comment

They're very combative. It was very nice to watch, thanks!

Comment

I watched these videos last night at my daughter's request, as she will commence Kendo this month.

These are pretty energetic.

Comment

That's what I liked the most of this vid. They were so energetic and they want so much to achieve a goal, not necesarily winning, but you can see they put all their hearts in it.

Comment

i watched the part 3.. pretty tame and clean in comparison to some of the other videos of the HS girls i've seen, omg they take no prisoners.

Comment

Originally posted by EBP2K2 View Post
                  i watched the part 3.. pretty tame and clean in comparison to some of the other videos of the HS girls i've seen, omg they take no prisoners.
                  ya but you have to consider that this is the final of High School Kendo championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady_Kitsune View Post
                    Why is that?
                    Sorry "Lady_Kitsune" I think I may have confused you, and probably others.Where I reside in Australia sometimes we say things which have an opposite meaning. What I meant to say was, that Do cut was totally awesome.
                    So, if something is sick, it means it is really, really good.
                    Hope that clears it up!

Comment

Completely and yeah, I thought at first in the English meaning of the expression.

Comment

Originally posted by Seiza_Seizure View Post
                        So, if something is sick, it means it is really, really good. Hope that clears it up!
                        Oh we say that in the U.S. as well. Mostly skaters, bmx kids and punks.

Comment

I want to do kendo like a high school girl! I'm worried though, is this how Chris Langham got started [UK reference]?

Comment

Just finally clicked on this. I actually went to this championship... it was last year in Kyoto. Ive got the whole NHK broadcast as well but I have no way to put it up.

More info on the high-school champs: they last 3 days and are held in a different city every year. They are called "Inter-high" here in Japan and its the most important High-School kendo event in the calender (there are 3 important events, this, gyokuriki, and ... I forget).

If you want to see some pictures from that competition, then please click here.

Comment

Did you try yousendit.com?

Comment

Working...
                              X