Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women's weight training

http://www.stumptuous.com/cms/index.php

I found this link whilst searching out training suggestions for doing pull ups (I went to the gym yesterday and found I couldn't even do one). The information looks pretty good and the author is fairly amusing.

I wish I had read her article on straight leg deadlifts before--I'm so sore that I might have to skip keiko tonight.

Let's see how long it takes for the lads to notice the article is written by "Mistress Krista".

Comment

Originally posted by Paikea View Post
      Let's see how long it takes for the lads to notice the article is written by "Mistress Krista".
      You noticed pretty quick.

Comment

Hard to miss.

Comment

Have you tried kipping? Some people are dead against it but as far as im concerned bodyweight above the bar is what counts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEweROlAfKE

I have seen youtube crossfit videos of small women deadlifting their bodyweight or over!

Comment

Originally posted by Paikea View Post

Who the hell is Mistress Krista and why does she use that kind of name?

Comment

Pull-ups and all those crazy moves in the video are all about controlling the muscles needed for the action. It's probably like doing suburi - first off you know how your arms and legs should move, which part of your body should be relaxed, etc. Then you can train a specific part regularly and get good at it. At least that what I thought of weights and stuff.

Seriously, one part of your body is hard enough to focus on...! Feels like you've never really used that muscle in your entire life!

Comment

Hi Runsyi,

If you were trying to do a chest pull up it might be better to do push ups leaning against a wall or a bench instead and gradually bring the angle down to being paralell to the floor as you get stronger.

You might be interested in reading this book. it cover nutrition well and contains lifting routines too, it makes planning your training very easy, I use the men's edition.

Comment

Forgot to mention something about soreness, there is a thing called deep muscle soreness and it usually shows up two days after the workout, it gets a lot less sore after a while and is a good indication that your body is building up muscle. Contrary to previous medical opinion it has recently been found that its cause is not lactic acid crystals building up in the muscle, but due to microtears in the muscle, this is how muscle grows and tones up (tears and heals). Beware of sharp pains thought....

Comment

Really interesting clip, Doraemon. No, I've never tried that.

JCM, I don't have a problem doing push ups. What I was trying to do was a pull up with my hands facing me. I have seen the book you recommend, but trust me I have more than enough when it comes to fitness books. I would recommend Core Performance Essentials instead.

Comment

Originally posted by runsyi View Post
                      http://www.stumptuous.com/cms/index.php

I found this link whilst searching out training suggestions for doing pull ups (I went to the gym yesterday and found I couldn't even do one).
                      Most gyms have a weight-assisted pull up machine. If not, you can always do lat pulldowns instead. They're not as good as pull ups, but can still help you build up the strength to later switch back to pull ups.

I wish I had read her article on straight leg deadlifts before--I'm so sore that I might have to skip keiko tonight.
                      Deadlifts are an awsome exercise in general. Straight leg deads are good for the hamstrings.

I'm on a personal crusade to get more chicks to deadlift...

Comment

Krista's website is the most-recommended site I know for beginning lifters, male or female. Tons of good information there, and Krista is a very entertaining lady. She used to post on misc.fitness.weights but disappeared a few years ago when the trolls got too ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Gendzwill View Post
                          Krista's website is the most-recommended site I know for beginning lifters, male or female. Tons of good information there, and Krista is a very entertaining lady. She used to post on misc.fitness.weights but disappeared a few years ago when the trolls got too ridiculous.
                          Ditto - Krista's site has been around since the beginning of time (okay, since m.f.w). Lots of super resources on it; she really knows what she's talking about.

Barbara

Comment

WARNING.

And I am being serious here. Whatever you do do not google Mistress Krista without adding weight training into the text.

I did that, got a site run by a Russian Lady with huge lips and huge **** into teaching Very naughty boys a lesson ( and I don't mean improving their diction). Wifey was not impressed.

Comment

Working...
                            X