X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Lesbians ever do Kendo?

Ok this is a wierd question, but I can't help wonder if a lot of lesbians do Kendo and if so how many are out there. The reason I ask is because, from what I understand, Kendo is very aggressive in a similar way that football is aggressive (right?) And anyway, stereotypically, women who like or do football are lesbians. So does that transfer to, a lot of lesbians do Kendo? Or something like that...?

The answer is yes, lesbians do kendo.

Comment

And they hit HARD!!!!

Comment

Well I guess if you consider that one in 10 people are lesbians the answer would be yes. But, I mean, do you find a lot of lesbians doing Kendo? thats waht I meant to say. Is it like footbale where a high percentage of women are lesbians? Thats what I meant.

Comment

All the girls in my dojo are lesbians. What? That's what they tell me.

OK, it's kinda hard to take this question seriously. I mean, why would anyone care? And fyi, lots of lesbians aren't aggressive or into all that sporty stuff either.

Comment

Originally posted by turboyoshi View Post
            OK, it's kinda hard to take this question seriously. I mean, why would anyone care?
            Agreed, is there really a point to asking this question in the first place? Does it really matter that much? Personally, I feel life choices such as these mean squat when it comes to kendo. You show up at the dojo as you are, let your kendo do the talking, and leave the rest at the door.

Comment

Well it was a half-joking,

A lot of people were asking questions about "why do all the women have long term bfs or husbands" or whatever. Also "What to do when your sensei/sempai is a hot (male) teacher" so I thought, hey, what about for the lesbians out there? What if they see another hot girl?

lol

and p.s. fyi it's not a choice to be a lesbian; (and yeah I know, it's a sterotype about aggressive lesbians, hence the half joking part of it)

Comment

Originally posted by MartialArtsGirl View Post
                Ok this is a wierd question, but I can't help wonder if a lot of lesbians do Kendo...
                +rep to ShinKenshi - I too would never ask, it has nothing to do with Kendo.

Comment

and p.s. fyi it's not a choice to be a lesbian; (and yeah I know, it's a sterotype about aggressive lesbians, hence the half joking part of it)
                  I realize this and it was poor word selection on my part. Read "choice" as "lifestyle" and you catch my meaning.

Comment

what part of the world is Lesbia in then ?

oh and who cares anyway

Comment

but I can't help wonder if a lot of lesbians do Kendo and if so how many are out there.
                      Who cares!

Some ones sexual preferences do not matter in any sport. So why wonder about it. As long as they enjoy kendo and are nice people who you can have a laugh with, nobody should give a damn.

Well I guess if you consider that one in 10 people are lesbians the answer would be yes. But, I mean, do you find a lot of lesbians doing Kendo? thats waht I meant to say. Is it like footbale where a high percentage of women are lesbians? Thats what I meant.
                      I truly believe that's a misconception, I think they might be more open about it, but I doubt there is a higher percentage of lesbians in contact sports (I'm guessing that's what you're aiming at).

Well it was a half-joking,
                      It's not really something to joke about. If you follow the reports a bit you'll find out that a lot of people doing contact sports are homophobic, especially towards gay men and often gay women are not taken seriously in sports (the "butch" thing). Think about it. Why do you think there are (almost) no "gay" football players. Do you really think they are all straight guys?

A lot of people were asking questions about "why do all the women have long term bfs or husbands" or whatever. Also "What to do when your sensei/sempai is a hot (male) teacher" so I thought, hey, what about for the lesbians out there? What if they see another hot girl?
                      I was wondering about that for 2 second while reading your post (never wondered about that before) and I came to the simple conclusion that they don't like talking about it as openly like we do. Again, because they might not be accepted for who they are, they don't give a shit or they believe that it is non of our business (and they are right about that).

As far as I know there has only been 1 forum member who openly talked about being gay. I can't remember who it was and I'm to lazy to look it up.

Done ranting
                      Last edited by Mr. T.; 12th November 2008, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostdancer View Post
                        what part of the world is Lesbia in then ?

oh and who cares anyway
                        Actually, Lesbos is a Greek island, but I do not think they have a kendo club on Lesbos, so no Lesbian kendo player on Lesbos.

(an inhabitant of Lesbos is called a Lesbian, they actually filled a lawsuit in the hope that gay women no longer would call themselfs Lesbians. How sad is that)

Comment

All kinds of people do kendo, including assholes. Who gives a sh!t. The only thing you should care is your own training.
                          Last edited by sirius1906; 12th November 2008, 06:43 AM.

Comment

OP:

No idea, but why would you ask such a question? The best thing it can do is assuage your bizarre curiosity. The worst is offend people and you'll carry that reputation with you into your new dojo if people put two and two together.

Instead, I have a suggestion since you seem to be trying to draw people out into discussion and debate: Fish or cut bait.

If you are serious about Kendo, time to join a dojo and start actually doing it. People have been answering your (until now) good questions and encouraging you. You have at least two dojos that sound like good options, which is two more than some people do and you're in New York where there are another six-to-ten within spittin' distance.

Comment

This is a little known fact, but I'm actually a lesbian trapped in a mans body.

Comment

Working...
                              X