Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
My right heel hurts very much... Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My right heel hurts very much...

    Is there anything wrong with the way I stepping out when strike?

    My right heel hurts for like 6 months...

    Any good advise to help me on that?

  • #2
    Originally posted by 44_49 View Post
    Is there anything wrong with the way I stepping out when strike?
    Almost certainly.
    Any good advise to help me on that?
    Make sure to step on to your whole foot at once. You are most likely hitting your heel first.

    Comment


    • #3
      The short answer is "Yes" for both questions. Try a search for "fumikomi" on this site. There are threads that may help you. You should not be pounding your right heel down on the step into a strike.

      Comment


      • #4
        WNS*

        Also, be aware that you will have bruised the heel bone, which takes months to heal (as you found out). Bone bruises take a LOT longer than muscular bruises. People sometimes wonder if they've done something more serious than bruise it simply because it takes so long.

        b

        *"What Neil said."

        Comment


        • #5
          Thank you guys so much! I didn't expect that you will reply me so soon...

          I see, my way of doing step is totally wrong....It's better wait until my heel recovered before resume the practicing...

          Comment


          • #6
            if it has been hurting for that long, it has probably progressed from a bruise to plantar fasciitis.

            Go to this link to see how to tape it: http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/cy...ntartaping.php
            This will keep it virtually pain-free during training (works brilliantly!!), and if you do the stretches and icing recommended it should clear up over a few weeks.

            Comment


            • #7
              If it's seriously bruised, the only thing you can really do is take some time off kendo. It will reinjure even if your technique is perfect.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Neil Gendzwill View Post
                If it's seriously bruised, the only thing you can really do is take some time off kendo. It will reinjure even if your technique is perfect.
                Thank you Neil, I had found your old post teaching the right way to doing fumikomi, thanks a lot for that, I wish I could saw the post earlier... seems few weeks from normal practice is unavoidable

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Alison2805 View Post
                  if it has been hurting for that long, it has probably progressed from a bruise to plantar fasciitis.

                  Go to this link to see how to tape it: http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/cy...ntartaping.php
                  This will keep it virtually pain-free during training (works brilliantly!!), and if you do the stretches and icing recommended it should clear up over a few weeks.

                  Thanks Alison, the page ask me to pay first I will check out for some local mediical help, thanks a lot

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by 44_49 View Post
                    Thanks Alison, the page ask me to pay first I will check out for some local mediical help, thanks a lot
                    oh, thats odd... getting a physios opinion is probably a good idea

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I found some more sites about taping and massages etc:

                      http://www.northcoastfootcare.com/fo...fasciitis.html
                      and
                      http://heelspurs.com/_intro2.html

                      For more info you can google "heel spurs" or "plantar fasciitis". I'm not saying your's must be more than a bruising, but I'm sure the taping might still help. I have pain in my right heel as well and my fumikomi is bad. I'm working on it, though, it's just always easier said than done.

                      My problem is that I don't push my hips and my knee forward enough, I mostly just push my foot which makes my heel end up on the floor first. My knee is not at a 90 angle, more a 120 and then it's impossible to not land heel-first. ^_^; I know all that, but now I gotta train my body to listen to me!!

                      I didn't know I could tape it until Alison posted that, so I will try that for next practice. Thanks for the hint!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by 44_49 View Post
                        Thank you guys so much! I didn't expect that you will reply me so soon...

                        I see, my way of doing step is totally wrong....It's better wait until my heel recovered before resume the practicing...
                        Yep, three minutes. Even for KWF that must be some kind of record...

                        b

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          You are very nice people, I am so touched, thanks...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Raindrop View Post
                            I found some more sites about taping and massages etc:

                            http://www.northcoastfootcare.com/fo...fasciitis.html
                            and
                            http://heelspurs.com/_intro2.html

                            For more info you can google "heel spurs" or "plantar fasciitis". I'm not saying your's must be more than a bruising, but I'm sure the taping might still help. I have pain in my right heel as well and my fumikomi is bad. I'm working on it, though, it's just always easier said than done.

                            My problem is that I don't push my hips and my knee forward enough, I mostly just push my foot which makes my heel end up on the floor first. My knee is not at a 90 angle, more a 120 and then it's impossible to not land heel-first. ^_^; I know all that, but now I gotta train my body to listen to me!!

                            I didn't know I could tape it until Alison posted that, so I will try that for next practice. Thanks for the hint!
                            The linkage you gave is very helpful (flowers (flowers (flowers

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              If it hurts very much, and you can afford it, I highly suggest you go see a physician. You have the rest of your life to do Kendo, but you only have one body, so take good care of it.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X