X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfect Present

Well, this may sound kindda silly but... my bf is a 2dan and he loves kendo... I started practicing after him... long after xD (I got to 2kyu last month... only have 8 months at kendo) and this will be our first x-mas as a couple so I want to give him something especial.

In my case, drawing is my passion (besides him) so I thought I could paint a tenugi for him as a x-mas present. I know some ppl take tenugis like a piece of clothing for keeping ur sweat or hair from falling over ur face but we take it as something more especial... after all it goes with you under the bogu, it's design should inspire u.... but... uhmm.. am not sure about the fabric I should use or the paint I could use... also am not sure about what kind of designs tenugis should have, I know they usually have kanjis with phrases but I have little ideas about what to write/paint on the tenugi.

I would be pleased to have some advice on the matter... xP

Originally posted by Zeith Geist View Post
    In my case, drawing is my passion (besides him) so I thought I could paint a tenugi for him as a x-mas present. I know some ppl take tenugis like a piece of clothing for keeping ur sweat or hair from falling over ur face but we take it as something more especial...
    I cannot think of any other gift more personal and imparting more of the true concept of gift giving, than something hand-made.

I think your idea is perfect, and the recipient will most undoubtedly be very happy to receive it.

I know I would.

As far as design, my advice is to make it original, something uniquely you.

Comment

Maybe you could use something color-fast like a tie dye kit as paint? Kanji is okay if meaningful otherwise I'd suggest using your own inspiration for the design.

Comment

Maybe you can get a nice frame or have a professional frame it. I don't have a picture but in the last Kendo Nippon issue for the 13th World Kendo Championships. It was nicely framed it included a pic of the Japanese Woman's Kendo Team, a piece of keikogi and some writing. So maybe you can have something like a couple kendo pics of your boyfriend or both of you. With your tengui maybe in the middle. The saying maybe you can use your dojo precepts or any saying you choose maybe something only you guys know or say. If the arrangement and frame matting is done right it can look really nice.

Comment

You could try silk screening. The kits are pretty easy to get now. That way you can make his and her tenugi and really gross out everyone in your dojo

Comment

wow, thnx for your replies... and the compliments ... those really help a lot (both replies and compliments xD) I will give it my best so he'll be happy ...

Comment

Originally posted by Zeith Geist View Post
              wow, thnx for your replies... and the compliments ... those really help a lot (both replies and compliments xD) I will give it my best so he'll be happy ...
              No problem.
              I take all major credit cards, and pay pal.

Comment

Working...
              X