X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tort-Speed View Post
    Sorry, "go commando" means...like when you go flying when pushed or fall over sideways or backwards?
    .....It's all about the unfurnished basement.

Comment

wahooooo

Just got the hakama back from the tailor and it finally fits perfectly.
      Yupppe

I'm so happy about this ....and it looks pretty cool to.

So as a conclusion

Shrinking by hot water treatment about 3 cm in length and I don't know how much in width
      Shrinking by going to the tailor-about the same only no decrease in width involved

the result: Now that in has decreased in width as well it fits OK, the colour though shows signs of fading but nothing to bad

Thank you guys for all the advice I would have given up on it without you guys !!!!

Comment

Just wondering... If you get it to shrink that much, what happens to the backplate? What is it made of anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Tura View Post
          Just wondering... If you get it to shrink that much, what happens to the backplate? What is it made of anyway?
          iIt looks fine to me, it didnt break, or anything like that.
          Actually I have no clue from what is made of
          I think its from multiple layers of material so it should be ok

Comment

Maybe someone can answer the question of length. I am 5'6" but the hakama originally came to my toes because it is a 26 I thought on the sizing chart I bought the equivalent of size 5 uniform. I hemmed it up an inch already. Where should the hem fall across the foot or above? I hemmed this in June after a near embarassing facer in front of everyone. Is there a different recommended length between Iaido and kendo or something in the middle?
            I need help hopefully before Saturday March 26.

Comment

All Japan Kendo Federation video I [1/3] - 03:21.

Comment

Working...
              X