X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartialArtsGirl View Post
    How is a custom made do different than a regular one? I mean, how can you custom fit for the boobs, seriously? Other than strapping the do down!
    Does anyone have any pics of what such a custom made do would look like? Could it be made with the himo on the side of the mune?

I just wish I knew if doing what I'm doing is affecting my rank testing, because if it is I can just suck it up for the test, and wear it "properly". If anyone knows, please tell me! I guess I'll also ask my Sensei about this. He probably really would know. >.< I'm just super shy around him, you know. (Errr, cause, er, cause I really want to impress him... heh which probably means I wont)
    You could try these guys, in their catalog, not on the web site they have a unique type of do. I don't know how to explain it, you kind of have to see a picture of it from the side, but if money is a question they're definitely out of the question.

As for is it affecting your grading the best person to ask would be your sensei, didn't he sit on your panel last test? Having met your sensei he is a very intimidating person but you are his student and I'm sure he would have a wealth of knowledge for you if you just asked. I’ve been told by a few teachers that in general they won’t dispense advice unless you ask for it, asking for it shows that you want to progress, if you just come to practice and leave then in their eyes you don’t really want to learn, or you’re not taking it seriously enough.

Comment

You met my Sensei? (So you know who he is and what dojo I go to?)

Anyway, he wasn't on the panel actually. Another one of my Sensei's was on the panel but I dont think he was. I can't remember if he was on the higher ranks panels (I was testing for kyu), but probably.

I actually don't find him intimidating at all. Its not that. I just really really want to impress him, (cause I think hes super awesome and a very inspiring person) and so I get very nervous around him. >.<
      There is more to it too, of course... (I mean, I really respect my other Sensei's too but I dont get nervous around them or want to impress them in the same way.) but anyway, thats just the weird stuff in my head.

Comment

I get very nervous around him. >.<
        I take it that making students nervous is one of the most important duties of a sensei.

Comment

You met my Sensei? (So you know who he is and what dojo I go to?)
          Isn't your dojo on thomas st.? I think most people in the New England area and NY have met your sensei.

Comment

Originally posted by JByrd View Post
            I take it that making students nervous is one of the most important duties of a sensei.
            why is that? >.<
            Either way I think he's super cool. I wish I could tell him that but I'd be too embarrassed. Plus he'd probably think I'm weird.

Originally posted by Toecutter View Post
            Isn't your dojo on thomas st.? I think most people in the New England area and NY have met your sensei.
            How did you figure out where I went? I didn't think I told anyone on KWF.

Comment

There was the whole "That's my sensei!" when someone posted a video interview of him, iirc. Sort of a strong hint.

Comment

Hey MAG,

I know how you feel, it is really hard having DD and properly fitting into bogu. I remember when I first started, I tucked in tsuki dare too. I found that when I improved my posture I was allowed more mobility and was also more comfortable.

Also, I don't think I could do any technique properly until I bought this bra: http://www.figleaves.com/us/product....=&colour=White

I am 34DD and have used this same bra for over 5 years. It is still in great condition considering how much I practice.

I hope you can solve the problem, just keep on going and never lose your beginning spirit.

Comment

Originally posted by b8amack View Post
                  There was the whole "That's my sensei!" when someone posted a video interview of him, iirc. Sort of a strong hint.
                  oooo. forgot about that.... >.<

Originally posted by Eliza View Post
                  Hey MAG,

I know how you feel, it is really hard having DD and properly fitting into bogu. I remember when I first started, I tucked in tsuki dare too. I found that when I improved my posture I was allowed more mobility and was also more comfortable.

Also, I don't think I could do any technique properly until I bought this bra: http://www.figleaves.com/us/product....=&colour=White

I am 34DD and have used this same bra for over 5 years. It is still in great condition considering how much I practice.

I hope you can solve the problem, just keep on going and never lose your beginning spirit.
                  yeah, thats around my size. your a bit bigger than me actually... I'm a D 34.

On a second note, I think I may actually be able to put my do down a bit lower. I noticed that my tsuki-dare overlaps with my do a bit more than other peoples. But, I'm not sure how much protection I'd get if I put it lower either.

Also, I wonder if someone from my dojo reads these things. Someone tried to tsuki me a few times last practice... (failed though. mwhwhaha). Anyway. ;P

Comment

On a second note, I think I may actually be able to put my do down a bit lower. I noticed that my tsuki-dare overlaps with my do a bit more than other peoples. But, I'm not sure how much protection I'd get if I put it lower either.
                    Well, since mine also overlapped (but the other way around) I put my do a bit lower this weekend, and erm... OUCH! Now I remember again why I wear it higher o__O. I looked around and more women have it overlap. It's cause we have boobs and hips that make the do not just hang off your shoulders straight. Guys generally don't seem to have those kind of issues (obviously).

But yeah, if you wanna try and wear it lower, make sure you stuff your bra on both sides first!!!

Comment

I will try it. BUT, frankly, I'm pretty happy with the way I wear it. I'm just worried if people on the testing panels will think it weird and take points off for it.

I might experiment, and (just for testing?) I might wear the do lower or something just in case. Just so that they know - I know how it's supposed to be worn, it just doesnt work that way for me.
                      Not sure yet what I will do. I forgot to ask my Sensei last time I went to class. >.<

Comment

Working...
                      X