X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Princess

My wife and I were dressed for class, walking down the hall of the rec center toward the dojo on Wednesday when a little girl, maybe 4 or 5 years old, emerged from a room with her mother. The girl looked up wide-eyed at my wife, and said something in Spanish that made her mother laugh. The girl's mother told my wife, "she said you look like a blue princess."

haha, awesome! A sword princess, maybe

Comment

Haha, that's really sweet.

Comment

I TOTALLY would have had the guards seize the insolent peasant woman and her child, and tossed them away in the tower to rot, for even conceiving of DARING to speak impudently to their beloved royalty without their eyes averted.

*sniff*

After all, we cannot remain unmindful of our individual places in the order of things don't you know...

and yes..I am well aware that royalty does not make use of the word "totally" in hyperbole.

Comment

Reminds me of something similar that happened to me. I was visiting a dojo that held practices in a local YMCA and on the way to the racquetball court, I passed a day-care. One of the kids saw us, got wide-eyed, pointed at us all in keikogi and hakama and yelled, "NINJAS!!!" We all burst out laughing and one of my friends said after the fact that she should have said to him, "no, no, samurai!" Gotta love kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenzan View Post
            I TOTALLY would have had the guards seize the insolent peasant woman and her child, and tossed them away in the tower to rot, for even conceiving of DARING to speak impudently to their beloved royalty without their eyes averted.

*sniff*

After all, we cannot remain unmindful of our individual places in the order of things don't you know...

and yes..I am well aware that royalty does not make use of the word "totally" in hyperbole.
            *Carefully averting his gaze from Your Royal Squirrelliness*

Shall I dispatch them, Sire? My new shinai hath not been toucheth sanguinely.

Comment

Be wary, Oh Squirrely One, it's probably been touched in other ways...

Please don't smite me...

Comment

Once as I was taking off men, gasping for breath and wiping the snot from my face after a session of kakarigeiko a little kid came up to me and asked with complete seriousness "are you Takeshi Kaneshiro (a famous Taiwanese/Japanese model)?".

The mother, obviously horrified at the unforgivable mistake of the kid mistaking me for such a poor looking specimen of a model, quickly dragged the child away.*

My wife spent the next 10 years and is still laughing about the episode.

*Just to clarify in case any fans are offended, I'm probably double his weight and look nothing remotely like him.

Comment

Originally posted by ShinKenshi View Post
                  Reminds me of something similar that happened to me. I was visiting a dojo that held practices in a local YMCA and on the way to the racquetball court, I passed a day-care. One of the kids saw us, got wide-eyed, pointed at us all in keikogi and hakama and yelled, "NINJAS!!!" We all burst out laughing and one of my friends said after the fact that she should have said to him, "no, no, samurai!" Gotta love kids.
                  haha, my aunt was visiting US and she took couple of pictures of me in full bogu and when she went back to her home country(where no one heard of Kendo) and showed it to all our relatives they all asked if I was suppose to be a ninja or someting!?

Comment

And thus was born a new superheroine about which manga shall be written...and anime produced...leading a new generation to the art of kendo.

Originally posted by JByrd View Post
                    My wife and I were dressed for class, walking down the hall of the rec center toward the dojo on Wednesday when a little girl, maybe 4 or 5 years old, emerged from a room with her mother. The girl looked up wide-eyed at my wife, and said something in Spanish that made her mother laugh. The girl's mother told my wife, "she said you look like a blue princess."

Comment

Working...
                    X