X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly, but serious question.

how do big boobed woman wear Do? I know this girl who is starting kendo and I can only imagine how uncomfortable it would be to wear Do with such... anyway, is woman's do different from man's do? They don't look any bigger in my eyes.

Sorry, I would ask this question in real life, but I want to rely on the internet just this time.

You're half right.

It's a silly question.

Comment

Get a big do I guess.

Comment

The difference I noticed (by seeing pics from both male and female do), is that female do are higher at the sides.

But I have the same thought as Kawazoe: Buy a big do, or maybe you can find a producer who wants to make a special-sized?

Comment

Originally posted by johnjonathanseo View Post
          how do big boobed woman wear Do? I know this girl who is starting kendo and I can only imagine how uncomfortable it would be to wear Do with such....
          this deserves such a &*^&(*) reply....good thing for you there is a rule against it.....

OK...seriously it's a silly question but I'm going to give you a serious answer

anyway, is woman's do different from man's do?
          Ideally yesunfortunately customizing bogu parts comes with a big prize so usually we wear the same gear as you guys. (from what I've seen anyway)

See the following threads if you are seriously interested:
          http://www.kendo-world.com/forum/sho...bogu-suppliers
          and this
          http://www.kendo-world.com/forum/sho...o-%28ladies%29
          and this
          http://www.chibabogu.com/catalog/inf...nfo_id=4#women

Sorry, I would ask this question in real life, but I want to rely on the internet just this time.
          sure..

Comment

Leave him alone, its an awesome question ! haha

Comment

I don't think it's a silly question, it's an very honest question so don't act like kids.

Comment

Originally posted by IronWarrior View Post
                I don't think it's a silly question, it's an very honest question so don't act like kids.
                It's not a silly question, but it was phrased rather silly. Not to mention that on the first page of the Women's Forum is a sticky entitled "Female-friendly bogu suppliers" and just a few threads down the page is a thread titled "How should the Do fit?" So the question probably didn't need to be asked.

Comment

Regardless of the ladies size, there is an issue of sensitivity. Please, if you are going to miss a do shot on me, miss LOW. Guys, imagine being kicked in the groin. That is what it is like when you catch the top portion of my ribs just above the do. And then you wonder about the spontaneous outburst!
                  Ladies, I was considering getting one of these http://www.triplette.com/catalog.php?category=15. Have any of you tried any of these? I was thinking about the one that looks like a corset....

Comment

Originally posted by annoraderenart@ View Post
                    Regardless of the ladies size, there is an issue of sensitivity. Please, if you are going to miss a do shot on me, miss LOW. Guys, imagine being kicked in the groin. That is what it is like when you catch the top portion of my ribs just above the do. And then you wonder about the spontaneous outburst!
                    Ladies, I was considering getting one of these http://www.triplette.com/catalog.php?category=15. Have any of you tried any of these? I was thinking about the one that looks like a corset....
                    Worn one for a fencing class I took back in the day. Can't say I've ever worn one for kendo. As long as it doesn't interfere with how the do fits or moves around and you feel comfortable in it, I don't see why not.

Comment

No real solution if you don't have the money to buy a female good-quality do (like me).

All I do is have a big do, but it is a hand-me-down given by my dojo, so I don't know if it was a male or female who had it before me. Then all you need to do is pray for beginners to miss low, and for advanced not to aim too high !

Comment

I used to be in Fencing and some of the female fencers had these. My girlfriend had the cheaper "cups" and said they were ok but not great (probably not helpful for Kendo). I think they also have some for just one side of the body, but can't be sure. Like, it covers the right/ left breast only, and slopes down to cover a bit of the ribs -if they do have them it's probably be great for Kendo, because it covers the right side and doesn't stick out as much as the full protector, which looks like it might push against the do mune in an odd way.

Honestly, I'm surprised that bogu suppliers haven't developed an "under bogu protector" for women yet.

Andy, what do you think? You could help start something great for female kenshi!

Comment

how do big boobed woman wear Do?
                          Adorably.

Comment

Please, if you are going to miss a do shot on me, miss LOW. Guys, imagine being kicked in the groin. That is what it is like when you catch the top portion of my ribs just above the do.
                            If you think that this area only hurts for girls, you're sorely, sorely mistaken.

Personally, I finally managed to avoid hitting my opponents' ribs when I thought of the mnemonic "Below the ribcage, above the pelvis". You want to avoid lodging your sword in people's bones, after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Anorymous View Post
                              If you think that this area only hurts for girls, you're sorely, sorely mistaken.
                              Heh heh. Pun.

Comment

Working...
                              X