Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

muscles hurt because with exercise they start to have micro rippings... the basis of muscle grow. ana as we know when starting a new sport or phisical activity happens a lot, but also happens when we start to ''use muscle for first time''. because of that... the worst that can you do is strech after the pain starts, because with stretch you start with the micro rippings again. the best you can do it's to apply heat in the area, take some painkillers and wait to your muscles get used to that treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by nikozamo View Post
      the worst that can you do is strech after the pain starts, because with stretch you start with the micro rippings again. the best you can do it's to apply heat in the area, take some painkillers and wait to your muscles get used to that treatment.
      I'm not sure I can agree with that advice. At least part of the soreness that occurs is due to lactic acid buildup in the muscles and stretching and light activity helps to flush the lactic acid out and relieve soreness. I especially wouldn't advise painkillers unless there's a real need for it. Painkillers hide the symptoms and could lead people to think they're better than they really are and overexert themselves, creating a more severe injury.

Comment

Originally posted by turboyoshi View Post
        I'm not sure I can agree with that advice. At least part of the soreness that occurs is due to lactic acid buildup in the muscles and stretching and light activity helps to flush the lactic acid out and relieve soreness. I especially wouldn't advise painkillers unless there's a real need for it. Painkillers hide the symptoms and could lead people to think they're better than they really are and overexert themselves, creating a more severe injury.
        I think what nikozamo is referring to is DOMS.

Comment

the best you can do fot flushing lactic acid it's to do aerobic excercises: run, riding, etc.
          about painkillers, just and option.

Comment

It's a misconception that lactic acid is responsible for delayed onset soreness. Check out this article -- one of many that explain why you're sore after intense exercise.

http://www.active.com/mountainbiking...day_s_ride.htm

Also, there's a pretty robust body of research showing that the body produces lactic acid to use as a fuel in anaerobic workouts, rather than being a toxic byproduct.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/16/he...ion/16run.html

Comment

May or may not help out this specific issue but (the most tragically named exercise ever... second perhaps to the clean and jerk) pelvic thrusts or hip thrusts are good. Inner thigh lifts also specifically target the adductor muscles while outer thigh lifts target the abductor muscles. And I dunno about the micro tears. Perhaps I am learning wrong things in my anatomy class at the moment but the teacher (who is a physician that specializes in sports medicine) has said that muscles actually grow because the cells grow in size. New tissue is not developed. I am no expert but at least that is what I had been told.
              Last edited by UnimportantHero; 19th June 2011, 03:53 PM.

Comment

wow, thank you everybody! I don't take painkillers anywho so... And the lighter excercises worked great for me.

Comment

Working...
                X