X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• haha weird stretching question

So, in iaido I used a muscle I didn;t even know existed and it HURTS. It's right where your butt meets the back of your thigh (which probably has a specific name but I didn't pass that health test XD) Anyway, I've been stretching all day and I can't find anything that reaches that area. This may not belong on the women's forum but maybe the stretching is different for girls? I dunno... Thanks!

Attachment

Megan
    Attached Files

Check the Abductor Magnus link on this Page

sounds to me like the pain is radiating, making it hard for you to pinpoint it... may want to have your doctor check it out.

Comment

Thanks I don't think I need to see a doctor, just a little overstretched.

Comment

The "abductor" is "adductor" magnus and this stretch might help you.

Comment

The alternative is a tight or inflamed muscle in the lower back. Try the stretch linked. If that doesn't work, take a trip to a good massage therapist. If that offers no relief or only temporary relief, see a doctor or osteopath
          Last edited by stealth_monkey; 17th June 2011, 07:51 PM.

Comment

maybe just rest then. i overstretched and it led to my groin muscle pull.

Comment

Vitamin I is your friend....

Comment

Thanks everyone! Haha it works

Comment

Originally posted by stealth_monkey View Post
                  ..take a trip to a good massage therapist....
                  Hey, Megan;
                  If the sketch in the original post is a view of you - - -I volunteer to do the massage [lol].

Comment

Originally posted by still learning View Post
                    Hey, Megan;
                    If the sketch in the original post is a view of you - - -I volunteer to do the massage [lol].
                    hahahahahahahaha...well...i'm a bit tanner XD

Comment

Hmmmmm the stretch certainly helped but in the case of generally sore muscles, should you continue to work them or rest them a while? In rugby the answer would have been work them (which only led to knee problems) but i've heard both answers from all kinds of people. Iaido feels more like a really good stretch than a strain like rugby did so...I really have no idea. My previous athletic experiences didn't aim to instill knowledge on body preservation...lol

Comment

Originally posted by meganathenilla View Post
                        hahahahahahahaha...well...i'm a bit tanner XD
                        And you're about a third his age (although "still learning" did qualify it with that drowning-man symbol).

Comment

Originally posted by verissimus View Post
                          And you're about a third his age (although "still learning" did qualify it with that drowning-man symbol).
                          lol you people are just wonderful for my daily dose of antistress laughter

Comment

Originally posted by meganathenilla View Post
                            Hmmmmm the stretch certainly helped but in the case of generally sore muscles, should you continue to work them or rest them a while? In rugby the answer would have been work them (which only led to knee problems) but i've heard both answers from all kinds of people. Iaido feels more like a really good stretch than a strain like rugby did so...I really have no idea. My previous athletic experiences didn't aim to instill knowledge on body preservation...lol
                            Generally speaking, the best remedy for soreness is to repeat the same activity but at a lower intensity and shorter duration.

You might also want to try foam rollers. Next best thing to a massage.

Comment

Thanks, Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X