X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Covering bruises

Okay, I got myself into a spot of bother.
    You know, sometimes you go for weeks without a single bruise and then one day everybody and their neighbour seems to miss. Right now my right arm is pretty colourfull from where to kote end to a bit above the elbow. I am also sporting a rather spectacular bruise on the neck.
    Problem is, next week I have two rather formal official events. I do not mind the bruises but I am afarid some overzealous social worker might actually call the police.
    Any ideas, apart from wearing a scarf with my cocktail dress?

Originally posted by IndigoGirl View Post
    You know, sometimes you go for weeks without a single bruise and then one day everybody and their neighbour seems to miss. Right now my right arm is pretty colourfull from where to kote end to a bit above the elbow. I am also sporting a rather spectacular bruise on the neck.
    Problem is, next week I have two rather formal official events. I do not mind the bruises but I am afarid some overzealous social worker might actually call the police.
    That's quite the dilemma...
    On the one hand, if it's formal, having visible bruises might be a no-go. On the other hand, if they're visible, everyone will know it's no big deal, and it's not something you're ashamed of or try to hide. If you hide them and they're revealed mid-way, people will probably get worried...

If I were to take the "call the police" part at face value, then that could be rectified by you informing the police before-hand just in case. If the "covering bruises" part is more important, then maybe this (or any other Google result, really) could help you.

Comment

I've used my wife's concealer a number of times without having anyone pick up on it

Comment

Originally posted by IndigoGirl View Post
        If you've got a full week they'll mostly be gone, but I agree with stealth: hit them with some foundation.

You could also get a dress with a high collar.

Comment

If you wear full sleeve sheath dresses. It will cover the bruises as well as you will look elegant sophisticated women. Michelle Obama is well know to wear these sort of dresses so try too can pull it off. Choose the dress with a good neck covering.

Comment

Originally posted by TrinneanArcher View Post
            Michelle Obama is well know to wear these sort of dresses so try too can pull it off. Choose the dress with a good neck covering.
            You think Michelle has some bruises to cover too, then?

Getting thread deja vu here, but try Arnica cream, it works a treat on my kids

Comment

Working...
            X