X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MJER 17th/18th June Middlesborough University

The Chidokan dojo will be hosting a weekend seminar on the dates above. Course fees £20 for the weekend to help towards our 'big Japanese visitor seminar'. Times are 10 til 5 both days, with extra training (for those who aren't big soft girl's blouses ) on Saturday night 7 til 9.

The seminar will be centred around seiza no bu due to the high numbers of local students, however an intensive look at tate hiza no bu will be done for senior students.

All of the Olympia main hall has been booked (6 badminton courts), so plenty of room for everyone. We also have a chance of a block booking at the local Thistle hotel, so please contact me asap if you need rooms.

As usual this will be open to all, you just need to be prepared to come and work hard. A grading will be held late Sunday for Roshukai members, but training will carry on during this time period.

All senior Roshukai teachers are present, so three 6th dans should be enough to keep you busy, if not - the 5th dans will... Don't forget your notebooks...

A map of how to get here is below, Olympia is building 16....
    http://www.tees.ac.uk/sections/about...cfm?map=campus

Please park in the area behind the Middlesborough tower if none available bear the hall...its free, so better than getting stung with the public car parks!

As usual there will be a meal out organised for the local chinese restaurant, or for those wanting to stay a little more in keeping, there is also a Japanese restaurant close by...

Comment

Nicola has organised the local Thistle hotel for B&B at 25 a night...the hotel is less than 5 minutes from the dojo and is right in the town centre. It may be less if I can get enough people booked in...

Comment

perhaps people should email or pm chidokan so he can get an idea of numbers. 25 is still a bargain though.

attendance at the seminar is obligatory

Comment

so who on here is coming to this seminar then?
          it will be a good do.
          and seeing as theres hardly any mjer seminars this year, it would be a shame for you to miss out on extra tuition before the big one (what with the japanese sensei coming an' all)

whos going?

Comment

Originally posted by rottunpunk
            so who on here is coming to this seminar then?
            it will be a good do.
            and seeing as theres hardly any mjer seminars this year, it would be a shame for you to miss out on extra tuition before the big one (what with the japanese sensei coming an' all)

whos going?

God you make it sound like a pyjama party! Who cares whose going...just go if your interested.

Comment

I'd be ther eif I was still in the UK

Comment

no a pyjama party would be an aiki seminar, this ones iai.
                i know im going, i was just trying to keep the thread alive.

Comment

Originally posted by rottunpunk
                  no a pyjama party would be an aiki seminar, this ones iai.
                  i know im going, i was just trying to keep the thread alive.

Talking of which...I am just getting to the end of 'Angry White Pyjamas'. Great read, maybe some one will write a similar tome on Iai.Yay!

Comment

mishimas sword is the closest thing ive found so far, but its not exactly the same. my book knowledge is limited though.

Comment

Shame AWP is bollocks.

Go check out aikiweb for posts by Spike Kimeda and Mad Dog. They reckoned Twigger was useless and exaggerated wildly.

Comment

noo dont spoil my wonderful dream world of yoshinkan aikido.
                        of course theres exaggeration, its called artistic licensing and makes thing sell more. it would make a boring book if all he wrote about was what colour bruise and where after each training session.

i wouldnt say anything to satsurarumurama though-he worships the book.

so are you going to the june seminar?

Comment

a fine example of thread drift if I ever saw one....

Its looking busy so far anyways...but its nice to know who's coming as my mrs has kindly volunteered a buffet lunch (at my expense...). She wants to know how many... if she wants to know, we'd better tell her. She's been to as many sword seminars as I have, can grade instantly from the sidelines, and is the iaido equivalent of John Mottram. I wont let her start as she'll be better than me.
                          She scares Neil. nuff said.

Comment

free food? now theres an insentive.
                            of course helen would be better than you. shes a woman.
                            girls do everything better than men

Comment

except spell...

Comment

Working...
                              X