X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tachiuchi how often?

Just wondering how often you fellow iaidoka practice Tachiuchi?
    In our dojo here in Japan we tend to be a bit on and off with it and the main focus of course being on the individual waza, and the odd tameshigiri event thrown in for good measure.

Well, a quick reply from an iai newbie. By tachi-uchi you mean paired kata, right? We (i.e. the 'shinkage club' I'm training at) train twice a week. first session is znkr only and the second one is sort of a more free training time thing where we do a round of znkr then ikkyu and up do some koryu and the rest of us continues znkr and at the end we do kendo kata, since there's aparently no paired forms in shinkage (and znkr). So that's nearly every week.
    It was added so people will get some sense of ma-ai. (especially those that don't do kendo as well)
    And... local rumor has it that we might switch to some yagyu shinkage kenjutsu kata in the distant future. (as our local sensei need to learn this first and get enough skill to teach others), but nothing is certain yet. Would be interesting though.

Comment

For the last year our sensei has had us doing Tachiuchi no Kurai for a little while at the beginning of every practice.

Comment

half hour once a week (out of three practises) for my students. Longer for me...

Comment

In Darlington it tends to be once a month or so for about an hour however in Durham it is once week for half an hour

Lee

Comment

Lee, Uni have totally messed up my classes... what nights you on? I am suffering withdrawal symptoms RIGHT NOW. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGHHH. Must practise, must practise...

Comment

yeah. me too darn tootin-though atleast your diary is a bit free for the missus to make her appointment to see you

on the tachi uchi side of the thread-you's lot missed a treat on the weekend at the seminar-bad eggs.

Comment

Tim,

most mondays - but I warn you it is all Seitei at the moment (lots of new'uns)

Comment

its ok... I'll hide in the corner and not scare them too much...
                  I may bring rottun along.. She may also bring her many invisible friends - so the dojo will be quite full....

Comment

She can bring all the invisible friends she likes - but she will have to pay for all of them

Comment

I just thought... none of them will come as they don't like her.

Comment

no. i dont like them.
                        besides my only friend hasnt got proper thumbs.
                        she'd look well silly in hakama too...
                        tsk im surrounded by plebs and wierdos

Comment

Working...
                        X