Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

doesnt take you long to lower the tone, Red Sonja, does it! Wait 'til your back in August, you'll work harder than poor Confound...

Confound,
    I would give it your best shot and go along with it. I have the same when I go over to see my teacher or when he comes here. He expects me to train from early morning to late evening, the logic being that he has to cram in as much as possible in the short time I am there. I do the same to dojos I visit, I expect them to take advantage of the time I am there and train as long and hard as possible... after all I may not be back for a while on some of the longer distance trips.
    I am guessing you are going home soon? There's your explanation!

Tim Hamilton

Comment

wats an embu?

Comment

like a public demonstration, where you show your skills to a larger audience.

Comment

a friend of mine that does juijitsu told me he was doing an embu, and he had to fight his brother till first blood... i'll ask him about this...

Comment

Woman and swords it should never happen......

get her to read the Hagakure The book of the Samurai

Hagakure chapter 9
            As for a girl, it is most important to teach her chastity from the time she is a child. She should not be in the company of a man at a distance of less than six feet, nor should she meet them eye to eye, nor should she receive things from them directly from hand to hand. Neither should she go sight-seeing or take trips to temples. A woman who has been brought up strictly and has endured suffering at her own borne will suffer no ennui after she is married.

Comment

I'm going to have to agree with the testing idea. It seams to me she is trying to push you well past the breaking point. If she wanted you to quit you probly would have done it by now. I personally believe having such attention from a sensei even if it is killing you in the process..... Perhaps talking to her tell her to back off maybe slightly?

Comment

You guys are replying to a post that has been dormant for months... that was started by someone that has since been banned.

You're essentially talking to yourselves..

Comment

Bahahahaha!

Comment

oh no, Alex! thread drift!
                    The guy who wrote Hagakure ....a man after my own heart... did you hear that rottunpunk! Bet his wife never read over his shoulder....

Comment

Originally posted by AlexM
                      You guys are replying to a post that has been dormant for months... that was started by someone that has since been banned.

You're essentially talking to yourselves..

sorry, my fault for asking wat an 'embu' was...

Comment

Working...
                      X