X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BKA website

Just in case those of you who are the BKA missed it - there is a new page devoted to Iaido and Jodo.

I must confess the only reason I found it is because I was searching for the details on the Darlington seminar and came across the new site by accident.

I am a bit bemused by the fact that the link is tiny, unadvertised and dwarfed by absolutely everything else on the site.

Given that the membership is approximately 50% Kendo 50% Iaido/Jodo it strikes me as stange that so much has been given over to kendo compared to the 'other two'.

Still, hopefully the new site will herald a new beginning and all credit to those who came up with the idea.

Not bad... the sites only been up for....hmmmm... Websites are only as good as the person who slaves over them. So if your man is 'kendo only' well it aint going to be very big as he aint going to put much down due to lack of knowledge.
    Rottun has been busy putting up a bulletin board/chat room for our dojo... but she's only done it coz she's bored... if she was working full time (not too far off future) it just wouldn't have happened.

Comment

if i had any techno-wizzability i could update the roshukai website

Comment

Originally posted by satsumaruma
        Still, hopefully the new site will herald a new beginning and all credit to those who came up with the idea.
        Designed by yours truly.

Am accepting work offers...

Comment

Originally posted by chidokan
          Rottun has been busy putting up a bulletin board/chat room for our dojo... .
          forgot to mention, twasnt me that created the board. twas one of thr forum site technodudes
          i just asked for one

good going on the webpage making mr scott

Comment

Eh? Awooga Guy thought that ScottUK designed the BKA Iai website

That is all.

Comment

Indeed it was. Now all I need is SOME SODDING STUFF TO PUT ON IT!

Comment

Hi Scott,

It was good to meet you in Brighton in August and glad that there is a new Iaido/Jodo site, but dissapointed that there is nothing new on the site since August.

I have commented to Vic Cook and Ian Applegarth that the Darlington Seminar is not on the iaido site but on the kendo site, also the results of the gradings 2 months ago have not been published.

Can you say who is supposed to give you the info to put up?

David

Comment

All info has to be submitted to the iaido or jodo bucho and they will forward it to me.

Comment

Originally posted by I_am_Cthulhu
                    All info has to be submitted to the iaido or jodo bucho and they will forward it to me.
                    Welcome to the world of being told everything is shit because you have decided to do something of benefit to people. Its a long hard road, my friend, long and hard.....

Comment

Don't take everything personally.
                      The Iaido-Jodo website is done by that humble man ScottUK... take a bow...(I don't think he did BKA website (Kendo) but happy to stand corrected)

Comment

Cthulhu designs better BKA sites than ScottUK...

Comment

Awooga Guy is disturbed by Cthulhu's tendency to slip into the third person when irritated. Bad Cthulhu!

That is all.

Comment

Sometimes I have to channel the voices in Cthulhu's head...

Comment

I designed and edited the original new BKA site from around 2000 (?) up until just before the 12 WKC (the original old one was the yellow one... which most people on this forum wont remember cos they didnt even know what kendo was way back then).

Up until that point there were no people who would offer to do the job. Once I got the job I had to chase people up all the time. Being in the squad meant that I would go to almost every event then, in the pub afterwards, get someone to agree to write an article. Getting pics was another task.

This was just for kendo. For Iai and Jo very few people stepped forwards (and I wasnt going to events, even though I did Iai) but those that did were quite good with supplying info (eg. Andy Watson).

From all this you also got a new newsletter (print and online).

It required a sh*t load of personal time and effort.... So, good luck Scott and Gibbo.

Since I stopped, the design has.....stopped as well and - whats worse - is now broken. I'm tempted to offer to do a redesign.... but I cant monitor the updating of it because I dont live in the UK. The person who is doing it now is simply updating it... not chasing people nor redesigning.

I hate that damn random JAL image in the header...... its so annoying.

A few pages that I started adding have dissapeared, or fallen to the wayside. One that I had wanted to expand on was a complete history of the UKs shiai. You can see the page here (its not linked from the main site, and hasnt been updated since...) - http://www.kendo.org.uk/taikai.shtml

I personally think splitting up into 2 websites is.... politics. Theres no need.

Comment

Working...
                              X