X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chidokan View Post
    just looking at the photo.... is the guy in the middle sporting a real sam-u-rye haircut???
    LMFAO

That's me with me funny receding hairline!

No not a real samyoorye hair cut just a pretend one. In recent years my hair is becoming less intelligent - creeping down my back and crawling away from my eyes.

Comment

Seishinkan kicks bute

Originally posted by satsumaruma View Post
      Calm down you tart. I wasn't criticising her.

I did say I thought her iai was nice. This is a compliment where I come from. And as I come from God's country it must be right.
      Sorry, didn't mean that to come across as being challenging. Just that both her and Harry were in a different league on Saturday and Sunday at the jodo as I found to my cost.

And just so it came from me, I threw our team match at iai by doing waza machigai!!!

Saru mo....

Comment

Originally posted by Andy_Watson View Post
        And just so it came from me, I threw our team match at iai by doing waza machigai!!!
        Hehe I was giving you 24 hours more before I mentioned it...

It is good that the top boys of the shiai league make thicko mistakes too. It gives the mudans something to consider when they are crapping themselves over who they are facing...

Comment

Tawt!

This is the 2nd time this year I have lost to a lower grade with a WM.

I lost to Murat Hussan at squad training for not paying attention and doing the wrong form. Is this the shape of things to come?

Comment

Even monkeys fall from trees.

Maybe you're going iai-senile?

Comment

Maybe it is a case

Iai-oh-my-goshi

Comment

More like

Okay 3, 8, 9 here we go....oh

!!!PARC

Comment

Andy, what is it about No.6? Either it gets put in too many times or left out altogether....

Comment

Gav, have you ever made a complete dog's arse of yourself in shiai?

Andy's was last weekend, I did it in my first Nationals (Nobby bollocked me over it and then went and did the same in the godan event five minutes later!) - what about you?

Comment

Originally posted by ScottUK View Post
                      Gav, have you ever made a complete dog's arse of yourself in shiai?

Andy's was last weekend, I did it in my first Nationals (Nobby bollocked me over it and then went and did the same in the godan event five minutes later!) - what about you?
                      I have. Waza Machigai in Kyoto Student Taikai. Nerves.

(Actually, it's happened in almost every shiai or grading I've ever done. But that was the worst.)

Comment

... have you ever made a complete dog's arse of yourself in shiai?
                        Ha! I did that at the Orlando Tai Kai last Feb. Whilst waiting for my turn, I was debating with myself over which of two particular kata I wanted to do for my third. Ended doing a combination of both by making the first turn in the wrong direction! To make matters worse, the folks that were taping the event had no idea I'd screwed up, but were apparently enamored of the fierce look on my face (since I'd just turned the wrong way!) and zoomed in for a close up. Not just a terrific screw-up, but preserved for posterity to boot!

Comment

Well done Scottus! Good work.

Awooga Guy will phone you soon

That is all.

Comment

Kenseikai Cup some years ago, I started with Mae, seitei Mae that is, but it somehow finished MJER.

Had many close shaves over the years. The one that sticks in my mind is the team final in the Europeans in Stockholm, when my sageo decided it wanted to be the Gordian Knot and the clock was ticking......

Comment

Have made cock-up s in gradings.

Also in Stockholm (at the same event) I was going for my Yondan. I was in the first group along with 3 Swedish chaps and was made to sit and wait while the sensei's had a pee break. That was a good one for 'managing your nerves' practice.

Anway, the Koryu Mae I did was at best 'so-so' followed by an average Seitei Uke Nagashi, then a forgetable Morote Tsuki and then onto Shiho Giri.

I was getting a bit pissed of by now thinking I had definitely blown it when disaster! as I put the sword to my chest ready to make the Tsuki the sticky badge attached to my left breast had curled up and decided to stick to the side of the blade. For a split second I had to decide whether to lower the sword just before the tsuki in the hope that I would unattach itself or chance that the thrust would be okay. I went with the former despite it meaning that technically the tsuki was too low. I did this beacuse I had visions of the sticky paper still being stuck to the blade as I made 3 more cuts so it would have been a bit like a flag waving contest.

I was now so pissed off that I did the rest of the grading knowing I had failed so had a real stuff it attitude.

When I came off I got a nice 'never-mind' hug off Val H. and a typical "well, that was shite" from Big Gav ( this was said jocularly).

And bugger me, not only did I pass, it was unanimous. I guess they only saw To-rei, the second part of Shiho Giri and Nuki Uchi.

Comment

How'd you know it was unanimous? You look at the score cards?

Comment

Working...
                                X