Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First post from UK

Hi all!!

Came across this forum looking to change ideas and stuff!!!

I study Iaido Eishen Ryu for about the last 6 months.

Just recently been graded as 6th Kyu, have my own beautifull Iaito from japan and love to talk samurai

Looking forward to chatting!!

Take care

Tak

oops sry mistype - I was open graded and achieved 2nd Kyu...

Comment

that is a high grade for such a short time... it should on average take you two years to hit shodan, and I am not a particularly hard grading panel member! Do not take this as a putdown, mind, you might be someone who trains two/three hours a day with a good teacher and is quick on the uptake....just keep working at it and enjoy the training. Where are you training at BTW?

Comment

i was wondering if there is anywhere in edinburgh or the surrounding area that you can learn Iaido at? as i am having difficulty find such a dojo

Comment

My friend Neil (6th dan) lives close to Glasgow... he's in Japan at the moment getting shouted at by Iwata sensei, but will be back in about a fortnight.. close enough for you? Not much iaido up in Scotland compared to south of the border unfortunately...

Comment

yeah, there is a distinct lack of dojo's up here, Edinburgh Kendo club is close by, but i am more interested in Iaido, does he teach?

Comment

yes he teaches, but be prepared to be committed to regular training... you only get one chance with him, mess him about and kiss goodbye to a good teacher! He's very knowledgeable and extremely keen, goes to Japan twice a year to see his teacher, and is in the process of co-writing a book on iaido with me. So be prepared to put up with me giving you some hammer one weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by chidokan
                yes he teaches, but be prepared to be committed to regular training... you only get one chance with him, mess him about and kiss goodbye to a good teacher! He's very knowledgeable and extremely keen, goes to Japan twice a year to see his teacher, and is in the process of co-writing a book on iaido with me. So be prepared to put up with me giving you some hammer one weekend!

most excellent, i have no problem with regular training, i practised karate before

thanks for the name, look forward to seeing you at some point

Comment

Working...
                X