X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iaito?

Hi, I have always been doing Kendo and I am becoming interested in Iaido. Can someone tell me of a good sword in terms of balance, durability and looks etc.....
    The price of it being at a maximum of $370~$500. I am a bit poor. lol.

Ahem, ...

Originally posted by Kenzaki
    Hi, I have always been doing Kendo and I am becoming interested in Iaido. Can someone tell me of a good sword in terms of balance, durability and looks etc.....
    The price of it being at a maximum of $370~$500. I am a bit poor. lol.
    Check with your instructor first. No sense buying something s/he won't approve of in the dojo.

S/he might also know of a pre-owned (don't you just love used-car double-speak ) Iaito for sale.

Comment

um...

I believe that my Kendojo does not teach iado. I will get some advice from my teacher as well, but i would like to get some additional advice from other people.

Comment

Kenzaki:

I believe some people out in the States use www.swordstore.com perhaps you might find something in your price range there. They import the iaito from Nosyuiaido in Gifu

Comment

Thank You Richie

Comment

I believe he meant your Iaido sensei

Originally posted by Kenzaki
            I believe that my Kendojo does not teach iado. I will get some advice from my teacher as well, but i would like to get some additional advice from other people.
            I would imagine he meant your iaido sensei.
            Do not purchase an iaito until you have spoken to your sensei.
            Generally you can not go wrong with swordstore.com, but the length is something for your sensei and you to determine together. Different Ryu have different length of sword.

You do plan on studying iaido at a school correct?
            I'd highly recommend against trying to learn anything on your own, at best you'll learn alot of bad habits, at worst, you'll injure yourself or someone else.

Good luck with your continued studies.

Comment

Working...
            X