X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barnstaple Evening Meal Saturday 7th March 2009

Hi to all attending the Barnstaple iaido seminar this March!

I know we usually try to get together for a meal on the Saturday evening. You are all therefore invited to join us at:

The George Hotel, South Molton for an evening meal.

sample menu can be found at:

http://www.britnett-carver.co.uk/georgehotel/menus.html

(Although they may well be doing a special menu for that night if enough attend)

7.30 for an 8.00pm start.

If people can reply with expected numbers?

They can accomodate up to 60 people if necessary!

The carvery at The West Somerset Hotel in Watchet will take some beating (easily the best carvery I have ever had) but I look forward to a weekend of Errol-Flynn-esque swordsmanship (not the pork sword variety) and eating loads of dead animal with a side order of chips and apple pie to follow. Wahey!

Will confirm final numbers from our guys soon. I expect they'll be up for the usual BKA social lunacy.

Comment

Just found out there is a stand-up comedian on at our hotel on the Friday night. I have just checked him out on Youtube, looks good for a laugh!

Comment

Should point out that South Molton is about 12 miles from Barnstaple. Bit of a long walk home if you are having a drink!

Comment

If there's enough people we could always get a minibus - paid for by the Renshinkan bods for being so bleeding far away...

Comment

Originally posted by ScottUK View Post
            The carvery at The West Somerset Hotel in Watchet will take some beating (easily the best carvery I have ever had) but

Really? I mean honestly really? I thought it was okay and fair value for money but nothing to get excited about.

last year we stayed at the Blue something or other (Dolphin? and no it wasn't Blue Oyster bar) a couple of miles away along the coast and the food was simply exceptional. Better than me mum makes ( but I wouldnt tell her that of course)

Comment

Originally posted by satsumaruma View Post
              Really? I mean honestly really? I thought it was okay and fair value for money but nothing to get excited about.
              Naah, it has been the highlight of my iai calendar for a few years now!

Originally posted by satsumaruma View Post
              last year we stayed at the Blue something or other (Dolphin? and no it wasn't Blue Oyster bar)
              Hehe that was my first thought! I think it was the Blue Anchor.

Man, I am going to miss Watchet. Let's hope the Barnstaple thingy will be as cool - and the fish there doesn't give us all the shits...

Comment

Just posting to get this noticed again!

Just checking if anyone has expected numbers attending the meal on Saturday evening (or for the comedian on Friday night - please book direct) so I can let the hotel know?

Comment

Working...
                X